I'm making a video game for android and i'm writing the music sheet on guitar pro.

I export wav from guitar pro and convert them in small ogg to play during the game.

The sound is not that bad considering the old school look of the game but it's not a professional sound at all.

I would like to know if anybody knows another software that would give me the same possibilities than guitar pro but with a more realistic sound. The price doesn't really matter.

Thx to you all.
You could always try setting up a midi track (probably set up as synthesizer) in Reaper or another DAW and then throwing effects or whatever on it. Guitar Pro isn't really designed to have good sound quality; it's a program for writing sheet music, not for creating decent sounding tracks by any means.
Yeah, you want synths.

Guitar Pro is a tab program, not an audio production suite.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
For youtube covers and such, I export from guitarpro to Midi.

THen I open in reaper the midi files. Then I use a few VST programs to get the sounds I want. SSD for drums (obviously), Sonik Synth2 for lead synth's and other various sounds, Maroslav Philharmonic for orchestra style sounds(classical, that kind of stuff), zombass3 for bass(until I get off my ass and buy a bass!).

It all works pretty well together. They would probably do you very well, although it's a bit of cash.

Reaper $60
SSD $150
SonikSynth 2 $100
Maroslav $60(on sale right now at Zzounds)
Zombass $30

so about $400 in total. Not cheap...
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by DHell

I would like to know if anybody knows another software that would give me the same possibilities than guitar pro but with a more realistic sound. The price doesn't really matter.

Always get suspicious when I see this.

WHY does price not matter to you?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Price doesn't matter simply because I plan to write music for more than one game so if I can find a software that does what I want for a thousand bucks, I might consider to pay that much for it.

I'm looking for reaper right now, I'll let you know if it's the kind of software I need.
To add a few more options for virtual instruments to add into reaper there's Shreddage II for electric guitar, Spicy Guitar for acoustics, 4front bass module for bass (free), 4front piano module for piano (free), 4front RPiano for a rhodes (free).
I was playing either Age Of Empires or Empire Earth a while ago and I'm pretty sure the music in that used the same sound banks as Guitar Pro So might be ok
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Export to midi and even if you dont have any premium softwares, there are sites online which can convert the midi while putting some effects into it. Really handy and quick. I do it when I need backing track on solo performances and... Ehrm... Eh, kareoke.
Quote by DreamGate
Export to midi and even if you dont have any premium softwares, there are sites online which can convert the midi while putting some effects into it. Really handy and quick. I do it when I need backing track on solo performances and... Ehrm... Eh, kareoke.

Which sites? Because that would be useful...
If you find the UI of guitar pro keep using it and export the midi to a daw (reason would be the easiest). Theres many versions online for free... But id reccomend checking out reason, cubase and ableton on youtube
Sibilius could do what you want. Personally i dont line its ui.
Reaper seems to be exactly what I need, now I just to need to find the good VST for Guitar, drum, and maybe some orchestra instrument.

Shreddage seems the good one for the guitar.

Thx for all your reply, you helped me a lot, I feel like entering a brand new world of possibilities.
Another question about reaper. I downloaded Komplete 8 and Guitar Rig 5 installed with it.
I am able to use the vst from Kontakt5 and they sound like shit so I'm trying to combine one of my guitar track from my midi file with Guitar Rig but I can't managed to get an output...do I need to do somthing in particular?
Guitar Rig is for actual DI'd guitar imput mostly. It's an effect (VST) not an instrument that can play midi data (VSTi)

Quote by DisarmGoliath
As ChemicalFire said you need a virtual instrument to go before Guitar Rig. For guitars the best I've seen is Shreddage II which will give you a simulated DI to run into Guitar Rig
I can't manage to use an amplifier with reaper. I found a copy of Shreddage 2 and I can play a guitar track with it as a VSTi, it sounds like a synth or maybe a bad clean guitar. So now how do I plug in Guitar Rig into this?

Sadly, every tutorial I found are for synth user.
Nevermind I got it. I simply had to add the fx where my Kontakt5 VSTi was.

It might be strange but for my midi track, the sound is less ****ed up with the simple guitar from Kontakt. I'll try to find the amp given with Shreddage 2 and use it on the guitar from Kontakt5.