Poll: How much would you tip?
Poll Options
View poll results: How much would you tip?
A dollar a beer is fine.
42 28%
Tip more you cheap prick.
2 1%
Leave nothing!
52 34%
Leave a tip when your done drinking.
38 25%
RIP Dime
18 12%
Voters: 152.
Page 1 of 5
The other day I was at the bar drinking two dollar specials and leaving a dollar tip for each brew. It's weird because I feel kind of cheap and don't feel I should you know tip the price of the beer. So pit what do you think?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by WCPhils
inb4 eurofags

They're absolutely justified, though. Tipping is ******ed and should be done away with.
Check out my band Disturbed
Well, if you were talking to the brewer, I think its okay. If not, well... I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just tell you this. You're insane.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
$1 for pouring a beer or glass of whiskey or something is plenty. If they have to mix you a drink then it should be at least $2, depending on how complicated it is.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
At the bar, a 50% tip like the one you were giving is pretty optimal. Don't sweat it.
I don't really tip because it's not necessary here, unlike the US which has ridiculous laws

I tip though if the service is good, the waiter/waitress is friendly or if the waitress is hot

Or if I know them I'll tip them

they're getting paid a normal income (minimum wage is $10.50, so anything from there on up) so unless they deserve the tip, I won't tip.
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I normally do a buck a drink unless I've been there for hours then a do every other. Often get free drinks due to the fact that im a "regular" or its a bar i play at often. Though i mainly drink at old people bars due to the fact that music isn't loud and I can drink and play pool in peace.
I usually do a dollar a beer, depending on where I'm drinking and what I'm drinking.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Whilst tipping isn't mandatory where I'm from i do do it. Unless the bartender has no idea what they're doing and its not their first couple of shifts.

Anyone who doesn't tip (not all the time I mean occassionally) because they don't believe they should is a prick in my book.
It completely depends upon where you live. Luckily, I live in a country with a decent minimum wage and I'll be ****ed if I'm going to tip someone for pouring me a beer when they earn as much an hour as I do.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
I usually tip a dollar per drink, then an extra 3 or 4 when I leave.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Soon after I moved here I ordered a pizza which cost something like €8, so I gave the delivery guy a €10 note and told him to keep the change, he was all like "no no no no you have the change" and so I never tip over here now. I like it.
I'm a cook in the kitchen when the bar is open. Thank you for giving me extra money for just standing around and cooking nachos.

Seriously, on nights when I work at the university pub and the bar is closed I make jack shit in tips. But when the bar is open I end up making way more. Thank you, drunks of the pit.
I tip a dollar for each drink at the bar always. They're bartenders, they get paid as well.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
About a dollar per drink, yeah. I hate tipping at the bar but it's better than making all the bartenders hate you.
Quote by Avedas
About a dollar per drink, yeah. I hate tipping at the bar but it's better than making all the bartenders hate you.
The worst is when they aren't looking so they don't see you tip.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
The worst is when they aren't looking so they don't see you tip.

I always make sure they see. If they're too distracted and aren't paying any attention I just walk away. I actually got a couple free shots when I bought a round once because the bartender was so busy hitting on a group of girls that he wouldn't take the money I was waving in his face, so I left.
Well, you could just drink at home, and not have to worry about tipping.

Not that I'm of drinking age, but every bar I've ever seen around where I live looks pretty dumpy.
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Quote by StopReadingThis
Well, you could just drink at home, and not have to worry about tipping.

Not that I'm of drinking age, but every bar I've ever seen around where I live looks pretty dumpy.

Yep, suburban bars are generally shit (and/or full of old people who wish they were still 20). Gotta go downtown.
Quote by TEK34
Being a bartender in the USA sounds really quite lucrative.

I had a coworker who went to bartend at a BJs and on busy nights he would pull a couple hundos in tips.
Here in Quebec, we tip 1$ every other drink but you don't actually NEED to do it, though the bar men/bar women will enjoy you more and let you try things for free once in a while.
Ayy there
I've never even seen a tip jar in a pub or club. I think most bar staff here would just give you the money back if you tried to tip them after every drink. maybe tip at the end of the night if they've been giving you a favourable service, but I refuse to tip an extra £1 for each g&t that cost £4.50.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I spent 6 weeks travelling the US and the tipping system is absolutely ludicrous.

Americans defend it for some reason as well, and I have no idea why. Just provide people with a minimum wage! It's not difficult.
Having worked at Restaurants and Bars a lot of my life:

At a pub- pouring pints/simple drinks unless they are nice then No.
At a bar- unless they are a complete cunt Yes.
Restaurant- depends on the service, but I leave something at least unless the service is really bad.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
no I don't. I'm not responsible for the low wages and I don't wanna contribute to that system continuing as I much rather have the worker's have a higher minimum wage and less based on tip. So no. I don't tip. And barely anyone else here does either.

For me personally a tip should be used when something has been brilliant or really really appreciated. And by tipping someone for bringing in my food or for handing me a beer is hardly brilliant craftmanship at all. By the same logic I should tip the clerk in the grocery store or the busdriver for driving so safe and letting me off at my stop.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Mar 9, 2013,
Quote by OneHappyCamper
ITT: Different customs regarding something mundane collide, irritation and arguments ensue

How can one be of the opinion that tipping is a good way for workers to get payed? It creates conflicts and irritation between the workers and the customers.

What's the good argument against just giving them a minimum wage that's reasonable?
Quote by skylerjames13
I don't really tip because it's not necessary here, unlike the US which has ridiculous laws

I tip though if the service is good, the waiter/waitress is friendly or if the waitress is hot

Or if I know them I'll tip them

they're getting paid a normal income (minimum wage is $10.50, so anything from there on up) so unless they deserve the tip, I won't tip.

Dunno about your specific place of residence, but minimum wage is often lower for tipped employees.

I give a dollar a beer. I'm not drinking at any sort of classy place and not ordering anything other than beer or shots of straight liquor.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I never see anyone tip at bars here, only restaurants.
Quote by fender_696
I spent 6 weeks travelling the US and the tipping system is absolutely ludicrous.

Americans defend it for some reason as well, and I have no idea why. Just provide people with a minimum wage! It's not difficult.

Sheeit son, it's all about networking, greasing the wheels, making connections with the right people.

Gotta know how to play the game, baby!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Nothing because I don't live in a third world country.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
As someone who works in a hotel bar & restaurant I always tip when I go out. We get paid less than chefs/reception/house keeping because the management expect us to make the difference in tips. Even if I only get a tenner or something, it's still my taxi home, it adds up and we will appreciate it.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
If you try to tip anywhere here that isn't a restaurant, people will look confused and give you the money back. It's a Welfare state, the minimum wage is good enough, so I have no idea what you should tip in America. I'd hate to undertip and come off as a dumb tourist, though. I know staff usually hates Tourists for that.
Quote by EMGs_rule
As someone who works in a hotel bar & restaurant I always tip when I go out. We get paid less than chefs/reception/house keeping because the management expect us to make the difference in tips. Even if I only get a tenner or something, it's still my taxi home, it adds up and we will appreciate it.

yeah, and as long as the customers continue to tip you wont get a minimum wage. As the ones above you can point at the tip and you'll go "oh wow I made all this from tips?" and othing will be done about the situation.

I as a customer am not responsible for the terrible wages and I don't wanna be part of a continuation of it.
Quote by Rebel Scum
Anyone who doesn't tip (not all the time I mean occassionally) because they don't believe they should is a prick in my book.

lol grow up
Hang on, if everyone tipped a dollar a beer, the bartender would be making a lot of money per hour right? I mean, pouring a drink is hardly labour-intensive and they'd easily average 30 beers per hour.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
If it's a place that I frequent, I'll usually tip a dollar for each beer/drink. It seems to help get faster service when the bar is busy.
I do tip completely based off quality of service, so if I"m going to tip, it'll be at the end.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 5