Hey GG&A,
There's this song that has a lead tone on it that I really enjoy. Here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKLDvnfDmlM. In case the link is blocked, the song is called Vectors by Area 11. I want to get the intro tone and the tone of the lead solo in the orchestral part (around 4:25). My current gear is a Fender Lonestar strat with a pearly gates humbucker in the bridge and two texas specials, a Fender Mustang II, and a Zoom G5. Any EQ ideas/special overdrives (i.e. tubescreamer-like, boss type, etc.)/amp models I should be focusing on?
Thanks a lot,
Wahalrus
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
well, you're never gonna sound the same with a Mustang II, but we'll skip that for the moment.

As for amp models, we're looking at something high gain, Mesa or ENGL ish, no idea what models are on the Mustang so couldn't tell you what to look for, googling might help you though. As for overdrive, yes... just yes, you're gonna need all the help you can get.

You might even get further with a really good distortion into your Bugera.

Honestly I think you're gonna struggle, it's gonna be soaked in studio magic too. Not quite sure what to suggest past that
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Also, awesome album... just made it to my list of albums to buy
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
My signature is out of date. I don't own either of the Bugeras anymore . I noticed you were focusing on my mustang, but what about the zoom? It has MESA and ENGL models on it, but I generally shy away from high gain sounds because that's not my usual type of music. By OD/Distortion models I meant particular pedal types, such as a RAT, tubescreamer, BOSS SD-1, MXR Distortion+, Fuzz Face, Big Muff, Tube Driver, etc. I am getting enough gain for the tone, but what I really need help with is the EQing. I can't get that slightly muffled-ish somewhat underwater-y intro tone, and nothing I try comes even close to the solo tone over the orchestra.

Love to hear that about that album, my friend introduced me to that band very recently and I have absolutely fallen in love with them.
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive