So I've brought my amp back in forth to the tech at least 3 times.

There is still buzz!

He fixed the physical buzz from the amp rattling, but the sound coming out of the speakers doesn't sound normal.

It's a 1967 Princeton reverb.

Not sure what to do anymore. Already spent almost 500 trying to get it fixed (payed 1200 for the amp)

So this getting kind of ridiculous.

Any thoughts?
Take it back to the tech to get it fixed at no charge or ask for your money back because he obviously hasn't fixed it.

That'd be my first move.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
Take it back to the tech to get it fixed at no charge or ask for your money back because he obviously hasn't fixed it.

That'd be my first move.

Yea, it's just that I've brought it to him so many times - he bought new parts etc...so I'm not sure about getting my money back
Why's that your problem? He didn't fix your amp. He didn't provide the service you paid him for.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
You can ask for the labour costs back, even if you keep the parts and still pay him for those, then find a decent tech
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
listened to your sound clip (which is on the slowest ever sound hosting site btw... soundcloud is the future man)

is that buzz constant? or does it come and go?
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Mlagz
Yea, it's just that I've brought it to him so many times - he bought new parts etc...so I'm not sure about getting my money back

Take it back and be smarter about it.

Regardless out of all the parts he got for it, out of all the times youve taken it back, did it occur to you to demo it in store, or where-ever it was you took it to, before carting it all the way back home to discover again that it still buzzes?

Don't leave the store. Throw it on the counter, connect a guitar and test it out. If it still buzzes, leave it there, tell him to fix it and that you won't be paying any extra for the smoke blown up your ass.

But also, if you tried it in store, and it didn't buzz, this might eliminate the amp and could be something in your setup or house wiring?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Mar 9, 2013,
Quote by Phoenix V
Take it back and be smarter about it.

Regardless out of all the parts he got for it, out of all the times youve taken it back, did it occur to you to demo it in store, or where-ever it was you took it to, before carting it all the way back home to discover again that it still buzzes?

Don't leave the store. Throw it on the counter, connect a guitar and test it out. If it still buzzes, leave it there, tell him to fix it and that you won't be paying any extra for the smoke blown up your ass.

But also, if you tried it in store, and it didn't buzz, this might eliminate the amp and could be something in your setup or house wiring?

I'm pretty dumb aren't I...since he doesn't HAVE a store. I dropped it off with him. Then I picked it up. Next time I'll try to hook it up to a street transformer.
Quote by GABarrie
listened to your sound clip (which is on the slowest ever sound hosting site btw... soundcloud is the future man)

is that buzz constant? or does it come and go?

The buzz is constant. But as I turn up the volume it gets more intense. I know old amps naturally have some buzz, but this seems excessive.
the guy has to have sockets somewhere... demand to try it
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Mlagz
I'm pretty dumb aren't I...since he doesn't HAVE a store. I dropped it off with him. Then I picked it up. Next time I'll try to hook it up to a street transformer.

So he does his repairs in the woods does he. Clearly he has electricity where he does the repairs, try it where he repairs them.

Don't be a ****wit either. That won't get you far on here.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
So he does his repairs in the woods does he. Clearly he has electricity where he does the repairs, try it where he repairs them.

Don't be a ****wit either. That won't get you far on here.

He does them in his house.

I'm really not...but patronizing someone acceptable? Why don't you be smart about this, and think about what I'm saying, ****wit.
I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of what's wrong...if its the tubes or wiring or something else. Not here to argue with anyone.
Quote by Mlagz
He does them in his house.

I'm really not...but patronizing someone acceptable? Why don't you be smart about this, and think about what I'm saying, ****wit.

Yes, because you were being a smartass to a perfectly legitimate suggestion.

You forget that we're not paid to give advice, we're not obliged to and we won't help people who are going to be snotty and rude.

**** off.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The only one being patronizing here is you...

As for what you are saying, you gave no indication this guy was actually indoors at all.

It could be any number of issues, it's really not the kind of thing I could diagnose from a sound file, and you certainly haven't given me any evidence I could trust you to poke around inside while it's live, nor do I have any desire to continue to help you. So here's my final advice: grow some balls, go see this cowboy tech, get your money back off him because it's clearly not fixed which is what you've paid him for. And then go find a decent tech.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Eppicurt
Yes, because you were being a smartass to a perfectly legitimate suggestion.

You forget that we're not paid to give advice, we're not obliged to and we won't help people who are going to be snotty and rude.

**** off.

Ok. I'm not paid either. This is a non-profit site. Call me snotty and rude...then tell me to **** off. Ah, sweet irony.

What was the question again? That I should be "smarter" next time? Perfectly legitimate in a patronizing rude and snotty way.

Thanks for the help, bud!
Quote by GABarrie
The only one being patronizing here is you...

As for what you are saying, you gave no indication this guy was actually indoors at all.

It could be any number of issues, it's really not the kind of thing I could diagnose from a sound file, and you certainly haven't given me any evidence I could trust you to poke around inside while it's live, nor do I have any desire to continue to help you. So here's my final advice: grow some balls, go see this cowboy tech, get your money back off him because it's clearly not fixed which is what you've paid him for. And then go find a decent tech.

Jesus H Christ. What is the deal with guitar forums and angry, hostile people?

I didn't you're right. And then I was patronized for not playing it in his shop. MY BAD. Hang me by my toes.
You need some thicker skin. I called you snotty and rude because you were being just that.

I've reported this thread anyway, so come back with some manners next time.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
You need some thicker skin. I called you snotty and rude because you were being just that.

I've reported this thread anyway, so come back with some manners next time.

Good. Reporting my thread to cover up the exposure of your idiocy.
Quote by Mlagz

I didn't you're right. And then I was patronized for not playing it in his shop. MY BAD. Hang me by my toes.

I didn't patronise you. Take it as more of an education. If you're going to use that as a bee in your bonnet, you need to take a deep breath and realise whats happened here.

You're the one thats out 500 dollars and still has an amp that buzzes. That would shit me off no end, and I gave you some friendly advice.

You can get shitty at us if you like. Personally I don't care, but your anger is misdirected. We could sugar coat it if you like but in the end it doesn't change the advice we gave.

Either go back and man up, or cut your 500 dollar loss and stick with an amp that buzzes because you don't know why.

Good luck.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Phoenix V
I didn't patronise you. Take it as more of an education. If you're going to use that as a bee in your bonnet, you need to take a deep breath and realise whats happened here.

You're the one thats out 500 dollars and still has an amp that buzzes. That would shit me off no end, and I gave you some friendly advice.

You can get shitty at us if you like. Personally I don't care, but your anger is misdirected. We could sugar coat it if you like but in the end it doesn't change the advice we gave.

Either go back and man up, or cut your 500 dollar loss and stick with an amp that buzzes because you don't know why.

Good luck.

Ok. Thanks
Quote by Mlagz
I've been thinking the same thing recently, but from the other side.

People like you coming in acting like entitled brats like us regulars have some duty to serve your issues and opinions, treat us like crap and then kick off when you get crap in return, we do this out of the goodness of our hearts (or due to boredom, but mostly we help because we care) and we aren't gonna help people who give us attitude, we'll spend our time elsewhere where we're actually likely to be listened to.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by GABarrie
I've been thinking the same thing recently, but from the other side.

People like you coming in acting like entitled brats like us regulars have some duty to serve your issues and opinions, treat us like crap and then kick off when you get crap in return, we do this out of the goodness of our hearts (or due to boredom, but mostly we help because we care) and we aren't gonna help people who give us attitude, we'll spend our time elsewhere where we're actually likely to be listened to.

Entitled brat? I just asked a simple question. That's what this forum's for, no?

If I came off like that, it wasn't my intention.
Seriously- piss off.
Do you want our help or not?
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by Mlagz
Entitled brat? I just asked a simple question. That's what this forum's for, no?

If I came off like that, it wasn't my intention.

You did ask a simple question, and people started to help and you got hostile with us, then we stopped, then you got more hostile because we had stopped.

If you agree to maintain a pleasant demeanour I will endeavour to help you.

Does this happen everywhere you plug it in? Have you plugged it in at friends' houses? Have the tubes been changed? Does it do it with the guitar unplugged and plugged in?
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by Mlagz
Good. Reporting my thread to cover up the exposure of your idiocy.

Wow.

I hope no one helps you. Take a break, relax and come back without the attitude.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Everyone just chill out.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...