So, I was just looking up a bunch of tabs on here, you know like what at least a third of this site is used for (if not more).

When I came across Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine and found that every single type of tab for it (5 stars to 2 stars or guitar to bass) had been taken down due to copyright infringement.

My question to everyone (users and mods alike) is what the ****?

I could maybe see that if it was ripped directly from a tab book published by the band but to think that not a single person tabbed it out by ear on here is ridiculous.

To that extent, every tab that has been published in a book should be removed on here.

What is the world/wide web coming to?
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Clearly, you haven't looked up the tabs for any Dethklok song.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Joshua Garcia

Makes sense, considering they're shit.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Joshua Garcia

I torrented the tab book... so copyright owners this is for you:
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Oh.

Well if you hit the print button that's below the tab and above the comments section, you can see the song.
Quote by Kopp2
Just be like me. You will get cool by instant

Dayman

Master of karate and friendship for everyone
Last edited by Doctor.Dolittle at Mar 9, 2013,
Quote by angusfan16
I sometimes forget that this site has tabs
It has what now!?
Quote by Doctor.Dolittle
Oh.

Well if you hit the print button that's below the tab and above the comments section, you can see the song.

I went to try out this pro-tip, when I noticed...

LED ZEP TABS ARE UNBLOCKED.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I was hoping for mass hysteria, this reaction is slightly underwhelming...

However, the 'print tab' tip is genius. I applaud your ingenuity sir.
Originally Posted by happytimeharry
Your avatar is creepy, yet incredibly hypnotic...

I do what I can

Originally Posted by FiNNi
@AlterEdge: On a side note, I laughed when I noticed pedobear was your avatar

Me too... me too...
Last edited by AlterEdge at Mar 9, 2013,
I love how RATM should be all for free use in disseminating its message yet it's signed to people that sue and warn to sue based on copyright.
I was really pissed too when i saw all the RATM songs were copyright blocked... oh well, you can really learn it by ear if you tried and also there are a ton of vids on youtube explaining Tom's crazy effects he does.
Rage Against The Machine as well now?

How many others have been blocked?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
lol ratm tabs blocked

thats pretty punx
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
There was another thread about this a few days ago - the RATM thing seems to be a different issue to the old Led Zep thing (it was giving a different message at least and they were accessible from countries all the other tabs were blocked in). I can access the RATM tabs from the UK without issues, so probably another localised thing.

Thats good news about the Zep tabs being active again, I just tried a couple of the other artists that used to be blocked & they all seemed to be working. That either means the legal issues have gone away....or the system that blocks them has broken & they'll disappear again when it's fixed.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Trowzaa
Makes sense, considering they're shit.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Real men transcribe.

My best friend used to learn the songs off of a bands' MTV video. He's wait and watch for them to show the guitarist and pause/rewind until he thought he knew the notes.

As stupid as this method was because more often than not, the finger postions aren't accurate in a video, he'd get the song down somehow.

He learned three Dokken songs this way by watching George Lynch and to this day, I still have no idea how.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Wasn't UG all like "we're Russian and your laws do not apply to us! HAHAHAHA!!!" just a few years ago?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Wasn't UG all like "we're Russian and your laws do not apply to us! HAHAHAHA!!!" just a few years ago?

It was smaller then.

Why is nobody pointing out the irony that of all bands to subject UG to this, it's RATM?