Page 1 of 2
Hey, my vaping friends/friends who wish to vape!

Here is a thread to express your love of vaping, and share tips and tricks/your favourite e-cig/e-liquid/ whatever!

Any discussion is welcome, hateful comments be left at the door.
What is vaping?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Meh, e-cigs are weak. Fun to play with and blow smoke rings, but it's no substitute for smoking tobacco.

Vaporizing weed on the other hand... Eh, still not as good as smoking it, but at least it gets you high.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
I'm lazy and don't want to Google this, so I guess I'll ask here.

I don't know a whole lot about these, so I want to know: What dangers are there? How similar to real cigarettes are they? Odor? Effects to others? How do they work?

I suppose if I mostly knew how they worked, I may know some of the other things, but why Google when I can ask those who use them?
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Bro I heard you like electronics so we put electronics in your smokes so you can smoke while you electronic.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by guitarmaniac88

I don't know a whole lot about these, so I want to know: What dangers are there? How similar to real cigarettes are they? Odor? Effects to others? How do they work?

I suppose if I mostly knew how they worked, I may know some of the other things, but why Google when I can ask those who use them?
I could be slightly off, but they use some sort of liquid nicotine extract plus some flavorings (such as menthol). The battery powers a mini vaporizer that gives off a relatively odorless, smokeless vapor.

They're way healthier than cigarettes because there's no tobacco. They're still not GOOD for you, but it's a good alternative if you have that oral fixation.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
i thought these were just for people who hate that they cant stop smoking and wanted something similar but far less satisfying. I didn't realize people just did it cuz they liked it.
"Then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gates of heaven."
-John Bunyan
Quote by matteo cubano
i thought these were just for people who hate that they cant stop smoking and wanted something similar but far less satisfying. I didn't realize people just did it cuz they liked it.

Yeah, makes me kind of worried that I'll start seeing sanctioned e-cig smoking areas everywhere and then everyone and their mother will start smoking e-cigs thinking that it's perfectly fine but then developing black lung at 28 because they smoke 18 packs a day.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
My dad switched to e-cigs a few years back. Tried it once and hasn't had a cigarette since.

So I appreciate e-cigs, 'cos they got my dad to stop smoking.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by guitarmaniac88

It's basically propylene glycol, nicotine, and vegetable glycerin. Flavouring too. Therefore, it doesn't really have any health hazards, as both PG and VG are in inhalers and food we eat. Nicotine's a poison, but it's not at a level that'll kill you.

No real similarites, except the look of the disposibles that you get in a petrol station. Higher-end e-cigs are nothing like analogues.

No effect on others, as the only remotely harmful thing is absorbed into your bloodstream almost immediately. No secondhand vapour here.

The same principle applies to the odour. The vapour goes away pretty quickly, so you wouldn't smell it for more than a couple of seconds.

And finally, they work by vapourising the mixture of PG, VG, and nicotine. The batteries heat the wick in the cartridge (the thing that looks like the filter on the cig) to a temp that would vapourise the e-liquid. That vapour goes through the mouthpiece, into your mouth, then into your lungs, then the rest is history.

Sorry if this is a bit scattered, I tried to be as helpful as I can.
Quote by Victory2134
Yeah, makes me kind of worried that I'll start seeing sanctioned e-cig smoking areas everywhere and then everyone and their mother will start smoking e-cigs thinking that it's perfectly fine but then developing black lung at 28 because they smoke 18 packs a day.

Dafaq, mate?

No tar in these, no arsenic, no carbon monoxide, nothing in them to cause black lung.

I've only experienced slight dehydration (due to the PG and VG being humectants, which trap water), but a good glass of water clears it up.
Well you see? I know nothing about them and I just figured out vaping means vaporizing. Sounds absolutely fantastic for the smoking community and anyone that may be affected by them. Not only that, but it seems like a good counter for people that need an oral stimulus like nail biters.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Sorry I came on so harsh, I've just talked to too many anti-e-cig people OL, and they seem to be bullheaded, so I just feel I need an assertive approach in dealing with those people, though it seems I took the aggressive approach, which I apologize for. Happy days
Tobacco is better.

The only reason anyone should "smoke" electronic cigarettes is if they are trying to quit smoking tobacco. Otherwise, there's absolutely no reason to, whatsoever.
Well, that's your opinion.

I guess it would be a popular opinion on here, as most musicians seem to smoke.

But it seems Dom Howard of Muse uses e-cigs.

Inb4 Muse sucks.
I love Muse.

And I do have friends who quit smoking due to e-cigarettes, and I think that's great.
But people who get hooked on nicotine by starting with e-cigarettes are plain stupid.

Inb4 "Implying that smoking tobacco isn't worse". I know it is. But it's like drinking. I know it's bad, but I like to do it, because it gives an effect.

E-cigarettes do not.
After about 5 failed attempts at quitting smoking, I bought an e-cig and weaned myself off completely in less than a month. I'm off the e-cig now and I have no cravings at all. I seriously can't recommend them highly enough, especially if you're looking to quit completely.

Oh and out of all the ones I've tried, Skycigs are by far the most realistic.
Quote by element4433
What if the way their wieners were positioned they could only pee into each other's mouths?

And one had his finger joined to the other's butthole?

PLAY
UG
MINECRAFT

Or don't. Yeah don't.
Also, in the US, they are NOT, I repeat, NOT used for smoking cessation. They are used for replacement. Tons of people do it for fun. Check Youtube. Millions of reviews.

Though to the guy above me, congrats on the quitting. That's a pretty big hurdle.
Last edited by AvengedFoghat at Mar 9, 2013,
Also, usually the people who do it for fun usually got hooked on analogues, then switched to e-cigs due to the benefits. They then took the stuff to another level.
E-cig user here, have a local OVALE store here so its these Ecigs:

OVALE eMINI(JOYETECH eMini branded as OVALE, use it as a portable ecig)
OVALE Elipse-C
OVALE EGO-C(my main ecig)

Also own a BLU-ECIG kit but i prefere the EGO-C

OVALE has a local shop where i live but if i could i'd just use Swedish Snus but there is not a local supplier of Swedish Snus...so its ecigs for me!
Can you put weed in an e cig? This is a legit question.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My parents bought like 4 and gave one to me, and I don't even smoke :|

They gave me a non nicotine cartidge, and it's pretty relaxing and fun to play with haha. It's nice to use after blazing

and no, you can't put weed in an e cig- maybe hash oil or something, but not weed.
I don't smoke, but I'm thinking about getting one. Maybe it'll lead me to harder things.
Quote by piratemetalhead
My parents bought like 4 and gave one to me, and I don't even smoke :|

They gave me a non nicotine cartidge, and it's pretty relaxing and fun to play with haha. It's nice to use after blazing

and no, you can't put weed in an e cig- maybe hash oil or something, but not weed.

sonofa
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean

omg imma report u 2 the authorities.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Nelsean
sonofa

a $12 vape, that's a pipe dream (no pun intended)

I got a Magic Flight Launch Box a few months ago though, probably the cheapest real weed vape you can get, works great.
I used them for a little while and I much prefer the taste over traditional cigs. The few times I have smoked analogues (the first 48 hours after the switch) I couldn't help but notice how stale the tobacco tasted, it has a much cleaner taste in my opinion.
I only smoke when i drink (on weekends anymore like a saturday or whatever) so i switched to E-cigs and have enjoyed the switch. This is my 4th week tobacco free and feel better. I tried a few different ones. Njoy were good but ended up sticking with the blu ecigs. Would never go back to tobacco after switching, just feel better the next morning.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
I do, occasionally. I originally bought one to try and quit but since all my housemates smoke that was pretty much impossible. Still use it when I'm out of normal stuff or it's pouring down outside and I need my fix. Personally I find JAC Vapour to be the best, especially for the non-standard flavours - Really smooth smoke, none of the harshness you find in cheaper brands.
🙈 🙉 🙊
i quit cigs using one of these and i still use it , ill still smoke a cigarette but i dont buy them and dont have cravings for them anymore so its like back where i first started before i got into them.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
The few times I've tried them I thought they tasted like crap, worse than cigarettes.
Quote by Nelshizzle

Yes. There are tutorials around online if you do some googling. I think you have to have it in some sort of liquid form first like hash oil, but I do remember hearing about a guy who modified his so he could put dry bud in there. The liquid form will eliminate the smell though, if you mix it with the nicotine liquid (and probably get you higher).

I have a Revolver e-cig and I love it. I used it to quit smoking but I still smoke the e-cig pretty frequently. I just like the feeling of smoking though and I like my e-cig because you can get HUGE clouds of smoke without hurting your lungs and the battery lasts forever. I've also found some flavors from online vendors that are ****ing delicious and make my room smell great, haha.

In my opinion, most people don't like them because they get the cheap shitty kind at gas stations. Most e-cigs out there aren't even worth the trouble, but if you get a quality one then they are great.
Quote by food1010
Meh, e-cigs are weak. Fun to play with and blow smoke rings, but it's no substitute for smoking tobacco.

Vaporizing weed on the other hand... Eh, still not as good as smoking it, but at least it gets you high.
But itis also true that many people are now using e-cigs and quitting the tobacco cigarets. May be its not the substitution but it is really good for them who wanna quit tobacco cigarettes.
Page 1 of 2