So I'm playing part time bass with a band. And I only have a small bass amp(15watts).

I know I can play bass through my tube amp, but the speakers will get pushed more than intended, so can I do this: bass> guitar amp> bass cab.

I'm basically trying to avoid buying a bass amp and gave to take two full rigs to gigs/practice. At least in the short term.
Honestly, if you're taking a bass cab you may as well have got a combo in terms of ease of lugging
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by HKSR33
So I'm playing part time bass with a band. And I only have a small bass amp(15watts).

I know I can play bass through my tube amp, but the speakers will get pushed more than intended, so can I do this: bass> guitar amp> bass cab..

yes, this is generally considered acceptable.

a couple of my guitar amps have actually sounded pretty good with basses actually. usually a guitar amp is not the best for amplifying bass cuz of stuff like the tonestack not targeting more crucial frequency ranges for bass, but it can amplify it just fine.

using a bass cab would be best, as it seems you already know, the lower frequencies and longer throw of the bass strings can overwhelm guitar speakers (esp at higher volumes)
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Sweet, that's what I thought. Ill eventually get a bass head, but the ol $$$$ issues n such.
How comes an Octaver or pitch shifter doesn't overwhelm a guitar cabinet?
Quote by Clay-man

Probably because its not a full time deal.
Less stress on the speakers.
Quote by Clay-man

One word - attack.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Regardless of what instrument the equipment is intended for, make sure the impedances of the amp and cab are matched.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Clay-man

the thickness of the bass string coupled with the extra length of the string. as cath said: the attack. a guitar speaker is not made to deal with the excursion length of such a powerful low note.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae