What are your rules of pedestrian etiquette?

If people do not move an inch after seeing you coming, do you move right out the way, do you move a bit, do you apologise or mention it to the person?
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Mar 9, 2013,
People still walk? Lol must be poor. I use a segway. Segways have right of way on all sidewalks here in the UK.
i am axel rose
Ladies first.

Women and children on the inside.

If you let a man go through, like wait or cover the outside so he can pass on the inside, he is your bitch; If you let another man wait for you or walk on the outside/the side with traffic, you are his bitch.

Pedestrian Etiquette 101.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 9, 2013,
i just get out of everyone's way

i'm too awkward for pedestrian confrontation
i don't know why i feel so dry
If we're talking about crossing roads, I walk slowly to impede traffic while flipping the bird and slowly rotating so all passers can see. **** the establishment.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i walk like a strong independent white man and observe the crowd parting to let me through
I part the red sea
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by anvil is god
Look before you walk into the road. Don't be a jackass and walk into stuff.

Oh gosh this. So many idiots where I live don't look, they just bumble onto the road. Not to mention kids just run in front of cars and adults do the same also. It's so infuriating.

Quote by Eastwinn
i just get out of everyone's way

i'm too awkward for pedestrian confrontation

And this for me also.
STಠ_ಠ
Sometimes I'll just say excuse me. Sometimes I apologize for waiting on them. Or I'll just avoid them and awkwardly walk around pretending to look at something. I don't know. I'm very strange.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 9, 2013,
I watch where I'm going so I know to move to one side of the sidewalk if another person is coming my way.
Earlier today a lady was looking at her phone while exiting the subway station and was walking really slowly. It was really annoying considering everyone that got off the train wanted to get out of the station.
On the side walks I follow certain social rules that most Americans don't because I'm awkward and shit. I avoid eye contact, but if somebody does say hello I'll acknowledge them back. I move to the side if somebody else is walking by. I walk at a quick pace and follow the law. I cross roads the way you are supposed to, but admittedly sometimes if I'm impatient I'll just run across the street about one or two-hundred feet away while the cars are still far away enough. If there are no cross walks (or even side walks, lol rich northern Tucson) I probably break more laws than I realise.
When I'm walking I remember one rule: the car always has right of way. When two objects collide, and one of them continues and one stops, the one that would continue gets right of way.

I realize that's not what this thread is about, just saying.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
i stop half way and take a shit.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by raoooos
i walk like a strong independent white man and observe the crowd parting to let me through

I've been doing this recently. Just look forward at where you want to go, almost like you are looking through them and people will be able to easily judge where you are going. It sort of feels like parting the sea.
Not really many rules. I walk quickly and weave in and out of people because got shit to do and can't be doing with walking behind all the slow tourist dicks with wheely suitcases around St. Pancras. Never run when crossing roads though.
In England I'm very polite, because everyone else is. In France, however, people are generally incredibly rude in this respect and pretend that you don't exist. Like to the extent that once I was walking down a wide pedestrian road thing carrying a gigantic, very heavy box, so it was much harder for me to steer than anyone else, and someone literally walked into it and knocked themselves over because they were too twatish to acknowledge that I exist. I just let people walk into me now, I'll swerve a little bit but if they make no effort then I won't either. I'm English and they're French so it hurts them more than me.
Seriously this is something that really rustles my jimmies and is probably the #2 thing I dislike most about France, after the smell.

Disclaimer: there are lots of things I do like about France and I live here for a reason
Last edited by captainsnazz at Mar 9, 2013,
Don't piss on the pavement; if you do, piss in the corner out of sight.

I've seen this broken at least twice, once in Soho and another in Thornton Heath.

I was once on a bus and a saw a woman take a shit in Brixton, it was all runny shit and everything but, that is a whole other story.
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
"You see, freddy believes that if a fridge falls off a minivan, you better swerve out of Its way. I believe its the fridges job to swerve out of mine."
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by treborillusion
Ladies first.

Women and children on the inside.

If you let a man go through, like wait or cover the outside so he can pass on the inside, he is your bitch; If you let another man wait for you or walk on the outside/the side with traffic, you are his bitch.

Pedestrian Etiquette 101.

Stop the racism for a fucking second and let's all get to goddam Mars together to shoot us some fucking squid aliens, TOGETHER
Look before you cross the road and don't ****ing just walk slowly in the middle of the sidewalk so I have to walk on the road or grass around you.
Worse is when you at school and bitches wnat to walk 4 abreast blocking the entire hallway slow as **** and your in a hurry and your like excuse me and they think your rude.
God. It'd be rude to bump through you bitches, and your rude blocking everyones way.
Stick to the fukcing left. Two way traffic here as well
METAL!
i live in canada. this problem doesnt happen here
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I walk fast, move out of the way for others, and if i need to stop, i look behind me and get somewhere out of the way so that i don't stop right in front of someone.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I just walk and expect everyone except the old, very young and infirm to move out of my way. Generally I rarely encounter anyone that I have to move around due to sticking to walking on the left side of the pavement, and people coming the other way do the same. It works much better that way.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by N_J_B_B
I part the red sea

haha

I don't move if they don't move but I dislike being a dick more than I dislike imposed authority so I do that little sideways stance thing at the very last second, but I've been feeling a bit sad lately so I've stopped doing that a bit
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I'd rather walk closest to the road because there's more likely to be dog shit on the outside.

But the outside is the side that's closest to the road.
Quote by laid-to-waste
I go full steam ahead. If people in front of me are slow, I'll look angrily at the back of their heads for a while before shoving past them. Unless they're kids or elderly people.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Mar 10, 2013,
If I'm walking on the London Underground or even a busy street/ I duck, dive and even walk like I own the place... There is this un-written rule on the Underground that states on the escalators, stand on the right, walk on the left. I almost always walk on the left.
I run and tail gate people too to hurry them up and exploit any gaps they create in the masses; If they make a gap, I'm right in there behind them before the gap closes. I am a mean walker and I do stomp through people to get to where I'm going, if need be and I'm wearing some big bouncy running shoes that feel like boots.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Last edited by treborillusion at Mar 10, 2013,
because i'm 6.4ft tall and a frequent visitor of the gym, people go out of my way rather fast most of the time when i can't walk past them.
if they don't i just ask to pass, if they still don't move after asking i just push them away...
"If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying."
Quote by lt mittens
because i'm 6.4ft tall and a frequent visitor of the gym, people go out of my way rather fast most of the time when i can't walk past them.
if they don't i just ask to pass, if they still don't move after asking i just push them away...

I feel like a sports car because I go to the gym when walking outside and passing people; It's stupid, I know.
Quote by laid-to-waste
Quote by treborillusion
If I'm walking on the London Underground or even a busy street/ I duck, dive and even walk like I own the place... There is this un-written rule on the Underground that states on the escalators, stand on the right, walk on the left. I almost always walk on the left.

Actually, it's written on signs all over the escalators .
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Actually, it's written on signs all over the escalators .

I guess.
I'm usually walking/running too fast to notice; either to catch a train or be off/up the stairs.
Quote by laid-to-waste