I recently posted a thread asking questions about a ironheart and a 6505 because I thought I had narrowed my choices down to those two amps. But I went to a guitar center today in a considerably bigger city than where im from and played an egnater armgeddon breifly with a shitty ibanez because tjr gc didn't have any decent guitars on the floor. Basically what im asking is how does the armeggdon stack up.to.the 6505 and the ironheart (which I have yet to play).I love the ISP decimator that's built in but I've read that it sucks for recording any insight?
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by OurRequiem
I recently posted a thread asking questions about a ironheart and a 6505 because I thought I had narrowed my choices down to those two amps. But I went to a guitar center today in a considerably bigger city than where im from and played an egnater armgeddon breifly with a shitty ibanez because tjr gc didn't have any decent guitars on the floor. Basically what im asking is how does the armeggdon stack up.to.the 6505 and the ironheart (which I have yet to play).I love the ISP decimator that's built in but I've read that it sucks for recording any insight?

i've played the armageddon a decent amount, and own a 6505

The egnater is more versatile but the 6505 just slays it in terms of high gain, if that's what you're after. i must stress that's my personal preference, see if you can find a way to try all 3 amps
1997 Ibanez RG550 w/ EMG 81 bridge - C standard
PEAVEY 6505
Mesa Rectifier slant 4x12