So this local dude is selling his RGZ IIM, and according to yamaha this was made in 88-90, and the whole series was discontinued in 1994. I dont know a whole lot about the RGZ series, but the fact its from '88, makes me curious. Plus its only 100 bucks. Maybe some of you have heard of this series?

Also, I can get a dimarzio LF/Crunchlab set for dirt cheap from a friend and I was wondering if I could make this thing roar.

yamaha jp link: yamaha.co.jp/product/guitar/archive/rgziim/index.html
Last edited by Mentholman at Mar 9, 2013,
Quote by W4RP1G
Is that made in Japan?

i havent bought it yet, waiting to see if someone from here knows a bit more, but according to the research ive done it was made only in japan from '88-'90. initial price was 70,000 yen = 730 usd.
Quote by Mentholman
i havent bought it yet, waiting to see if someone from here knows a bit more, but according to the research ive done it was made only in japan from '88-'90. initial price was 70,000 yen = 730 usd.

$100? Hell yeah. I don't even see Squiers for $100 around here.
Do it. High range Yamaha guitars are amongst the best of them, if my RGX is anything to go by.
Ibanez TSA30 < Boss OS-2 < Custom Frankenstein Strat w/ scalloped board and Epi LP pickup
Seems like it'd be pretty solid.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by BradIon1995
Do it. High range Yamaha guitars are amongst the best of them, if my RGX is anything to go by.

saw a few threads about 80s to early 90s yamaha rgz/rgx models on another forum, and they all have positive things to say about em. apparently one of the reasons yamaha liquidated this series is cuz it wasnt selling due to competition with fender/gibson/etc at the time. or so they say. well alrighty then, ill pull the trigger on this one, have my luthier buddy set this up, then ill post pics and a vid! thanks all