well now i have my Les Paul back im going to start saving my pennys for a new amp yes i have the Orange CR15 which will do for the time being as it makes me smile when i play - so this tells me ive found a sound im enjoying.

I dont gig and dont see me gigging in the near future so huge outputs not really needed

my music preferences are way to mixed to type up but go from northern soul all way to the likes of Mastodon and everything inbetween.
I try to play the black album badly, i have tabbed a couple of Seether tracks, some springsteen and a couple of instrumentals from In Flames and Nightwish.
Amps ive owned - Marshall MG250DFX, Line 6 Spider IV 15 / 75 with FBVII, Egnater Tweaker 15 and currently the orange CR15.

As its going in the lounge it cant be a massive full stack LOL - and ive decided im going to go back to valve or hybrid and practise harder

Im looking at :-

Blackstar HT1 with the 4x8" Cab

Orange Micro terror with 2x8" cabs to start (id like 4) as i said above im enjoying the sound of the CR so reckon this is likely to end up being the one.

If money was no object i would most likey purchase the Dual terror and a 2x12 cab - but thats not likley to happen for a good while
what part of ride hard dont you understand.
Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
What type of budget are you looking at? And are you willing to go used?

Just curious, since the Tweaker was all-tube and (in my personal opinion) blows the CR15 out of the water, what made you want to get rid of it?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander
What type of budget are you looking at? And are you willing to go used?

Just curious, since the Tweaker was all-tube and (in my personal opinion) blows the CR15 out of the water, what made you want to get rid of it?

im not concerned with used or not budget is likley to be around £300, i never got on with the tweaker and ended up with the line 6 75w, that also ended up going and i recently decided to get back to guitar and bought the CR used and a pacifica for £71 , then i got my Les Paul back so want a better amp
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
after a bit more digging and looking and playing of the CR15, got a great Blur sound out of it today, i will be purchasing the PPC112 cab and Micro terror, then start saving in earnest for the Dual terror or even the TH30 and another PPC112 Cab

so loving the Orange sounds
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
micro terror and 2x8" cabs ordered should be here Saturday
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
........ Great thread

Douchebaggery aside, you best post clips and photos. Love those little bastards.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Eh, couldn't you have waited to get the OR15?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Eh, couldn't you have waited to get the OR15?

x2.

If it makes you smile why replace it with another beginner amp? At least a tiny terror...
because i couldnt afford an OR15 (£460) or a used TT (£200+), every single one i bid on went out of my price range. plus both were + a cab
Beginners amp for a beginner, yes im a beginner, as i said in a previous post ive gone back to basics and restarting my learning with different music and styles.
As it is ive got a Hybrid amp and 2 cabs for £200 it will give a new dimension to my learning and be easier to control than a full valve set up which i should be able to get in around a year, which by then i hope to be playing an awful lot better than now
plus i wanted it so i bought it, yes i took on board peoples opinions and looked at others new and used, but it was a vid of the micro terror i saw with Rob Chappers that set the ball rolling in the 1st place
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
Last edited by hobbit1066 at Mar 21, 2013,
1x8"s??? couldn't have gotten something with at least get a 12" speaker?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
1x8"s??? couldn't have gotten something with at least get a 12" speaker?

working on it but its likely to have to wait as other bills to pay 1st
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ
Guy's quit bitching. The guy enjoys the micro terror, deal with it. It's his amp, not yours.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

when they said Micro they were not lying this thing is TINY - ive not tried it properly yet as i only had a patch lead and guitar cable not the best i know but i had to try it - speaker cables are on there way and as I'm not going to be around due to work it not a worry so here are a few pics

not bad for the princely sum of £221 for both setups
Orange CR15
Pacifica 112XJ