About a month ago I purchased a Jackson HX Stealth, it was a measly $100 but was beat up quite a bit. I decided to buy it since I had been seeking a new project to under-take, and here is my experience: (I'll upload in 3 different posts )

Before:

The day I bought it, I began to scuff the surface with 320 grit sandpaper and fix some of the body damages (dents, dings, etc.)
Day 2: I primed the entire body with a can of Rustoleum Primer Sealer and went out to buy some supplies to swirl the guitar. (Testor's Enamel, Borax, Trash Can, and some handy dandy news papers)

Primed up!

Day 3: After letting the primer dry properly, I sanded it again with 320 grit to get a nice base to paint over. During this time I also refinished the neck with a bit of poly just to protect the wood, I also threw on some Sperzel Locking Tuners that I picked up for roughly $30 from my buddy. Now began the most difficult part of this entire project: swirling the damn guitar. It took many hours of test pieces before I reached the best possible swirl I could get, that part really paid off in the end. I will go in-depth about the process if anyone wants to know/try it!

Swirled!

Last edited by Punisher23j at Mar 10, 2013,
Day 4-12: This entire time was dedicated to clear , finishing and assembly! I used two cans of Rustoleum Gloss Enamel sprayed over the course of a week (I was busy with other things and this particular rattle can allows anytime re-coats!). After the clear coat dried I wet sanded with 800/1000 to level the finish as much as possible, and once that had been completed I rubbed the whole thing with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Then I began the somewhat time consuming act of assembly and soldering...

All Done!

If any of you have questions I would be more than happy to answer them!
Last edited by Punisher23j at Mar 10, 2013,
I'm not a fan of pink but hey, that's a nice overall job

Well done. You pulled it off well
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Quote by Phoenix V
I'm not a fan of pink but hey, that's a nice overall job

Well done. You pulled it off well

It was intended to be purple, but I didn't think the white base would change the color that drastically.
It looks less like a classic swirl and more like marble, which I find entirely cool. Good job!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER