Hello dear UG members!! Few days ago I created a thread on UG regarding seeking for suggestions from you people on picking up an electric guitar. I had chosen LTD EC 330, PRS SE Singlecut Trem and PRS SE Custom 24. Majority of the suggestion I have been given to go for PRS SE (either the Singlecut or the Custom 24 version) as it was being said that PRS make excellent guitars and their guitars have really excellent tone (even the budget SE versions are way better than the other guitars in similar price range). So I decided to go for the either the LTD EC 330 or PRS SE Singlecut, which suits me the best and ensures maximum comfort. So went to the local music shop for it, but unfortunately I couldn't find none of the above mentioned guitars I wanted to purchase. So decided to play few of the other fixed bridge guitars that were available at the store and among them, Sterling by MusicMan JP60 felt really great. I liked the tone, the neck of the guitar, really comfortable to play and easy move around the fretboard. Nevertheless I bought the guitar(though I play mostly rock and classic metal i.e. Creed, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Dio etc.) and so far I am quite satisfied with it. So now I'd like to know did I make a good choice regarding purchasing the Sterling by MusicMan JP60 instead of the PRS SE Singlecut Trem or LTD EC 330? I am hoping to have good and constructive suggestions/comments regarding this matter.
I liked the tone, the neck of the guitar, really comfortable to play and easy move around the fretboard.

Even if it isn't typical for the kind of music you want to play, I'd say that the sentence I just quoted means you made a good choice. At least, insofar as your state as a player in the here & now. The future you might be dissatisfied. OTOH, the future you might rack up a collection of higher-end versions of the same guitar. (Only time will tell.)

Having a guitar that is comfy in your hands s SO much more important to your development as a guitarist than most other factors. It means that the guitar itself will not be a physical barrier to your practice.

Comfort is why I learned to play cello instead of violin or viola.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I personally wouldn't choose a guitar to suit my style of music anyway, that's too dynamic. Your preferences will change, and you don't want to be locked into say a V because you thought it suited metal even though it wasn't necessarily awesome to play.

My personal view is to go with feeling and you won't be disappointed.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Even if it isn't typical for the kind of music you want to play...

You are right, the instrument should be something that suites the player, should be easily playable and must not create any stress while playing for a fair amount of time. I chose this guitar because it feels really great and comfortable as well as producing beautiful tone just with its stock pickups. Thank you for your comment.
Quote by shiggityswah
I personally wouldn't choose a guitar to suit my style of music anyway...

I am not concerned that much about the shape or the look of the instrument, rather I prefer to have such a guitar that would allow me to play it with maximum comfort as well as producing a decent tone. My Sterling by MusicMan JP60 guitar fulfills all of my requirements. 'Just because I only play rock as well as few classic metal and, as I don't play Dream Theater or any other similar heavy stuffs thus I shouldn't get it, its impression won't suit my style': I have never thought anything like that while I was playing it at the store. I finally picked up this guitar because of its playability and it fits really great for me. I just want to know that is SBMM JP60 as good as the PRS SE Singlecut or the LTD EC 330? I absolutely love my SBMM JP60, but as I haven't got any chance to play the PRS SE Singlecut or the LTD EC 330 so I am a bit curious about it. Thank you for stopping by and your comment.
So true! I have an Albert Lee Music Man model, and I don't really know who he is and never play country. I just love the guitar and the feel!
Last edited by terribleguitar at Mar 10, 2013,
I would imagine that it is slightly better for quality than those other 2. But does that really matter? If your new JP60 fits all your wants and needs, don't worry about second guessing your decision.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by terribleguitar
So true! I have an Albert Lee Music Man model...

Enjoy playing your MusicMan and keep on rocking!!
Quote by DarthV
I would imagine that it is slightly better for quality than those other 2...

Well, I am quiet satisfied with my Sterling by MusicMan JP60, really enjoying playing it, and it sounds well indeed. I am just a bit curious about the other two guitars I mentioned(specially the PRS one, as PRS guitars are highly praised by the folks and it is said even their budget SE versions are actually very good), nothing very serious. And I think that though it is a Sterling but they've done a decent job building this guitar. Thank you for your comment.