Hi,

So I'm new to the forums, hello everybody and all that blah-blah nonsense. I'll just get to the point shall I?

So I am looking to buy an acoustic (not acoustic-electric) guitar which will stand the test of time, but also be of good quality. My budget is around £160 (something like 250$ or more, idk).

What guitar would you recommend for me to buy?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
check out the seagull s6 original, its a nice departure from the typical spruce-top/rosewood acoustics that every company makes. it has a solid cedar top (woody nelson) and cherry body which has a really nice sound. In general though, i would suggest that you buy something with a solid top on it, anything else simply wont age as well
A seagull might be out of your price range, the yamaha FG series are really good quality, FG700 or FG720.
agree with the yamaha fg series. maybe you could find a seagull original s6 used in your price range...
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
thanks for all these suggestions. Anyone got anymore?

P.S. My price range has now miraculously increased to £220 (something like 350 dollars, idk, work it out yourself :P)
Yamaha FG700S. There's no contest in this price range, and it's little wonder they sell these guitars by the boat load; they're very well made, have solid spruce tops and a nice, balanced tone. I own one, and the more costly LL6, so have no hesitation in recommending them. I teach guitar occasionally and Yamaha is always my first recommendation for my students. I've been playing Yamaha guitars (among many others!), since 1969.
Last edited by snakestretcher at Mar 20, 2013,