Poll: Should wearing fedoras be outlawed?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should wearing fedoras be outlawed?
Yes of course.
57 39%
No, obviously they should not be illegal.
29 20%
The amount of cringe on that Tumblr gave me a heart attack thx alot TS
25 17%
4th poll option.
37 25%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 4
you should be a federal offense
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
It's not a fedora it's a trilby.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
99% of fedora wearers are into anime, so yeah. Anything that gets them off the streets and out of my sight.
Check out my band Disturbed

Actually looks quite a bit like my brother with his on.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
This is extremely depressing to me. In fact, it actually makes me genuinely angry. Why? Because years ago I bought a fedora because I saw no one else wear them... people complimented me on the unique look. NOW LIKE EVERY NECKBEARD AND WEEABOO WEARS THEM. I have like four of them now which I do not wear because of this.
Quote by angusfan16
Don't you mean a fedoral offense?

ha
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
i started wearing one years ago then as mentioned above, weaboos and neckbeards happened.
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
It should also be a federal offense for people who wear baseball caps everyday to complain about people wearing fedoras.
I don't know how ball caps became "acceptable", they look equally as ridiculous to me.
Quote by whywefight
This man speaks truth and has a beastly username.

Quote by Saint78
you are a beautiful person.
I think they can look really good when worn in a classy 'gentleman' kind of way, but yeah everyone on that Tumblr page should be shot.
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by The Madcap

Also, a My Little Pony fedora:

Totally not surprised
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by SwaggleyKubrick
It should also be a federal offense for people who wear baseball caps everyday to complain about people wearing fedoras.
I don't know how ball caps became "acceptable", they look equally as ridiculous to me.

Keeps the sun out of my eyes. Keeps hair kept up. Just feels "right".
Quote by angusfan16
Don't you mean a fedoral offense?

Quote by me+yourmom=69
more like fedorka

So simple, but so beautiful
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
yeah let's just make everything funny illegal.

What, but.... No more Looney Tunes?

Well, this is awkward.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

I wish, My Little Pony neckbeards and weeaboos always wear them here thinking that it makes them look classy or something
Depends on who's wearing it. Neal Caffrey in White Collar pulls it off. 20 year old basement dwelling bronys don't.
Do whatever you want to do, wear whatever you want to wear.

Even if girls laugh.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Ugh. I think I might have started all this.

It's just like that necrosis guy said in the other thread, some people can pull it off and some can't. I happen to like how it looks on me. But just because you see people who can't pull it off doesn't mean it's a hat worth hating.

That being said, I'm still all in favor for the top hat.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 10, 2013,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Ugh. I think I might have started all this.

You are guilty of starting another pointlessly circular discussion on fedoras.

Punishment: Crucified and burned

Quote by Joshua Garcia

That being said, I'm still all in favor for the top hat.

Alright, just burned.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

That actually is not a fedora, as many people have pointed out above. Those hats you are referring to, whatever they may be called, are horrible - mostly because most of their supporters are fat, unhealthy anime fans trying to grow somewhat of a beard.

With fedoras it is just like with three-piece suits, golden pocket watches and canes - your actual, natural appearance needs to be larger than the item you are wearing or it will make you look like a total idiot. In every other case, what is supposed to give you class will actually humiliate you.

Don't get me started on teenagers smoking so-called 'cigars' to upgrade their social status visually.
This is not a signature
How about this, if a mod finds a picture of a UG member wearing a fedora non-sarcastically, they get banned.

you can also ban bronies and anime fans too while you're at it
Quote by ErnestoFidel
That actually is not a fedora, as many people have pointed out above. Those hats you are referring to, whatever they may be called, are horrible - mostly because most of their supporters are fat, unhealthy anime fans trying to grow somewhat of a beard.

With fedoras it is just like with three-piece suits, golden pocket watches and canes - your actual, natural appearance needs to be larger than the item you are wearing or it will make you look like a total idiot. In every other case, what is supposed to give you class will actually humiliate you.

Don't get me started on teenagers smoking so-called 'cigars' to upgrade their social status visually.
You're awful.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by FearMyLightning
How about this, if a mod finds a picture of a UG member wearing a fedora non-sarcastically, they get banned.

you can also ban bronies and anime fans too while you're at it

At least 3 regular mods here are anime fans.

I see what you are doing, and it will never work
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by StewieSwan
99% of fedora wearers are into anime, so yeah. Anything that gets them off the streets and out of my sight.

Seconded.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by StewieSwan
Totally not surprised
At this point I'd be a little scared to see how a MLP fan could surprise me.
Quote by Skodward714
I think fedoras are fine as long as you don't look bad wearing one. Tosin Abasi wears fedoras, and he looks dapper as **** with them.
Because he's black...
Why do you care what other people put on their heads? It doesn't change your life in anyway.
Quote by campbell92
Here that kids, ants love cum.

Quote by Jaymz2K
I was about to suggest this. Listen to this man, he is wise and all-knowing.
But it does, because I have to see them and question their motives.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by The Madcap
At this point I'd be a little scared to see how a MLP fan could surprise me.

+1 short of carving ponies in their wrists to commit suicide idk how they could.
Quote by Mattman22255577
Why do you care what other people put on their heads? It doesn't change your life in anyway.

You never, even once in your life, looked at something and thought it was really stupid? You know, questioned the motive behind it?

Yeah, I thought so.
I have a friend that used to wear fedoras, but he looked pretty cool since it his style was kinda tropical, for example, shorts, an unbuttoned shirt with another shirt underneath and a fedora. He could pull it off.
Page 1 of 4