I'm think about building one. Has anyone built one? I'm wondering if the tone stack kills the volume and tone like some of the reviews say. It's basically a champ tweed with a tone stack.
I've been thinking about building an amp, too. I need something lighter to lug around - these heavy combo amps are killing me. Do you have a link to the Princeton?
My friend back in Alaska built one for his first project. All he had done before was 2 or 4 pedals before he tackled the Princeton. He was able to slap it all together, and the clips he's sent me sound pretty darn good.

He's a fisherman, too, so not a pro with electronics at all. I'd say it's a doable venture.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by KG6_Steven
I've been thinking about building an amp, too. I need something lighter to lug around - these heavy combo amps are killing me. Do you have a link to the Princeton?

These guys have it and I'm looking at the 5F2 version. I want to be able to grab a guitar in om hand and amp in the other. Also don't need a hundred watts of tube amp blasting my old ears.
schematics

I have built several champs, and several tweed deluxes (single channel w/reverb). So question wasn't can I. It's how much does the tone stack kill the volume.