I play guitar a lot better when my hands are cold. This isn't normal right?

Poll: Do you play guitar better with warm or cold hands?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play guitar better with warm or cold hands?
Warm like a normal person.
57 98%
Cold like a backwards mutant.
1 2%
Voters: 58.
Wasn't really sure what section this was supposed to go in to be honest but hey!

Pretty much everyone I have spoken says they can't play guitar well at all with cold hands but I play much better. I am much more accurate and solid and can play faster.

Something that might be relevant is I have flexible joints or something.. (i.e. i crack my fingers a lot because they get stiff).

Does anyone else play better with cold hands or am I just completely backwards?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Last edited by leony03 at Mar 10, 2013,
Cold hands force you you play slower.

So therefore... you play faster then your skill levels lets you normally.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I had a graded performance once, and had the misfortune of both being extremely nervous and playing in a very cold room. Thus, my hands were simultaneously very cold and very sweaty.

Obviously, I butchered the song I was playing.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Simsimius
Cold hands force you you play slower.

So therefore... you play faster then your skill levels lets you normally.

So you're saying that because I'm cold, I am playing slower but my brain says its faster...? Huh?

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
If my hands are cold, but not clamped shut (Frozen stiff) then I can play fine. Although warmer hands allow me to play at my top abilities.

I also crack my knuckles, but I don't think that makes a difference.
In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.

╔═══╗
║  ██ ║
╠═══╣
║╬  •• ║
╚═══╝
Can’t even imagine how that’s possible, but congrats on being an anomaly. I’ve played a few cold gigs in younger days (outside, but under cover in light snow, and on a stage in the corner of an ice rink) that actually went decently, but I took measures to keep my hands warm.
Quote by StewieSwan
I call bullshit on TS.

I'm being totally serious. I'm not one to make troll threads

Quote by angusfan16
I think you might think that, but it might be total coincidence.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by leony03
I'm being totally serious. I'm not one to make troll threads

You might be serious, but you're still full of crap. It goes against basic biology to say that your extremities perform better in the cold than they do in warmth. It's like saying 'lulz i breathe better underwater than i do on land'
PM me for newts
There is a reason people warm up before playing. Unfortunately my ability to play has been limited.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Or like comparing water bottles to see wich one is better, which is like saying lulz, this oxygen tastes a lot better.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by StewieSwan
You might be serious, but you're still full of crap. It goes against basic biology to say that your extremities perform better in the cold than they do in warmth. It's like saying 'lulz i breathe better underwater than i do on land'

Yes, I know it does. Thats why I'm confused. How can I be full of crap when that's what I feel? I'm not trying to prove its right because I have no idea.

This isn't the first time I've noticed it either since living in this cold-as-shit house this year. My finger muscles feel lazier when they are warm compared to cold if that makes sense (well, none of this makes sense).

Quote by angusfan16
Having less control over your fingers might make you subconsciously concentrate more intensely on your playing than you would if your fingers were warm.
Quote by leony03
Yes, I know it does. Thats why I'm confused. How can I be full of crap when that's what I feel? I'm not trying to prove its right because I have no idea.

This isn't the first time I've noticed it either since living in this cold-as-shit house this year. My finger muscles feel lazier when they are warm compared to cold if that makes sense (well, none of this makes sense).

It isn't that you are better, you just think that you are.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Playing guitar with cold hands is near impossible.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
when my hands are cold, there is less bloodflow going to my fingertips thus killing stamina and control.
The only instrument I play better with cold hands is banjo, since I play clawhammer and dont need very qick finger movement, but everything else i **** up horribly
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL