Recently I have been looking to upgrade my line 6 spider III and found a Roland JC-120 Jazz Chorus Guitar amp for $175 on craigslist(which is kind of crazy)... The description says:

This amp works but is not perfect. The chorus works great and both speakers are good. But there is a small rip in the grillcloth and the reverb cuts out sometimes.

I play several different genres of music from Green Day to White Stripes to Beatles to Led Zeppelin and more using a Gibson Les Paul Special and a digitech RP500... Is this amp worth purchasing for me? Will the rip in the grillcloth effect the sound? Thanks!
the grill cloth won't make a difference.

as much as people rave about them, i have never thought that they sounded good. If you like the sound and it works for you then grab it.
That's a good price for that amp, and it's good for a lot of things when it comes to the clean tone, but it won't be the best choice for those styles, it's great for a lot of things, and at that price you can't go wrong, the grillcloth thing is not an issue and the reverb could be easily fixed. But for the things you listed perhaps you should look into a Vox/Orange/Marshall tone. What's your budget?
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
My budget is about $200-250... maybe a bit more. Just out of curiosity, is the ZT Lunchbox any good?
GET THAT AMP! Even if you don't like it, you'll be able to sell it for more than you're paying - and it's a very good amp.