I just wanted some suggestions on getting a new guitar, I'm trying to emulate a couple of bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Atreyu and Bullet, I also don't mind playing a bit of Led Zeppelin every now and then.

Budget is probably $900AU could probably push it though, i'm in love with schecters but the omen-6 i have at the moment the neck is slightly to thick for doing solo's.
My amp is a peavey vypyr 30
I would prefer new and if possible get shipping into the above budget.
I would prefer not to get actives and i'm really into Seymour Duncan Humbuckers like the distortion an the JB.

so yeah I'm just looking for opinions and some help.
Ibanez and Deans in that price range should be good.

A little outside of the box, you might check on the availability & prices of Fernandes, DBZ and Reverend.

Beyond that, I have looked before, and I know there are good, highly respected local brands in Australia (and areas surrounding), but I can't speak to price.

A couple of Godins- specifically the Freeway, the xtSA and the discontinued Velocity- have hotter pickups and more shred-friendly necks.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 10, 2013,
A used LTD 1000 with duncans (if you like duncans). Ibanez guitars are great guitars
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
You like schecter you want a slimmer neck you have a $900 budget and you like sd passives. It sounds like your reading the spec sheet of a Schecter Blackjack SLS Passive
Used jackson dk2m, charvel san dimas or socal (rare in aus though). Sometimes the older mij models pop up on ebay though, like the model 4's & 6's.

Theres also the ltd as suggested above.

Check the swop shop if your melbourne.
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Quote by strictly-diesel
You like schecter you want a slimmer neck you have a $900 budget and you like sd passives. It sounds like your reading the spec sheet of a Schecter Blackjack SLS Passive

Holy crap.. how could i have missed this I was on that site for ages, but do you have any idea of the specs on the neck?

Edit: forgot to mention the neck on the omen-6 six feels to thick after the 12th fret
Last edited by jackderp at Mar 10, 2013,