EDIT: Went ahead and rearranged my pedalboard so its all through the front of the amp, since I know the CC has issues in the tweakers loop.

I still get that distorted sound, like its too gainy. This happens with a lot of delays and the pog2 with multiple octaves on. Is this my crappy 10in speaker or still a power supply issue?

I feel as if its power supply it should be consistently bad. If it was the speaker, wouldn't I hear distorted sounds with almost anything I use?

Would like more guidance here. Thanks! Original message below.

Hi everyone,

I have gotten into ambient as of lately and have a hefty pedal board now, with a lot of units running through an Egnater tweaker through a Blackstar 10" cabinet (to attenuate the sound due to being in an apartment).

I am getting a distorted static-like sound, almost as if a tube has gone bad (or maybe the speaker). I am trying to sort this out and need some assistance. Am I pushing my effects loop too hard (if that's possible?) or do you think its the 10" speaker.

Here is what is turned on when I have the issue... it gets better without the POG2 on, but it still distorts:

Guitar -> Vol Pedal -> Compressor -> POG2 (with +1, +1 and dry signal)
In the effects loop is: Line6 m9 (2 delays and a reverb on)-> Carbon Copy Delay -> Hall of Fame reverb

Thanks in advance for the help!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Last edited by sixstringedmatt at Mar 14, 2013,
What are you running for a power supply?

If you run them off batteries does the noise change?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
I will have to try. The bulk of the pedals run off of a 1-Spot that is run through a pretty decent surge protector. The POG, Line6 M9, my Wampler Pinnacle, and Looper run through their own outlets.

Again, this isn't consistent noise, but only when building out ambient sounds. When doing some 80s distortion and what not, this isn't an issue. I have a feeling with the POG in multiple octaves and all the delays running, the signal is distorting. Still not sure if thats the territory of the footprint of pedals, the effects loop, or speaker.

Thanks for the help again guys. Hope this clarifies things a bit.
do you get the issue if you use the same setup but going straight in without going through the effects loop?

Seems like trying this out would give you a good general idea of where the problem is because if the problem comes back, the effects loop will be effectively...

out of the loop!

get it?

(never heard of an effects loop being saturated though...)
I use the 1 spot and it can get pretty noisy tbh, I have the same problem. The 1-spot may be culprit.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
The 1 spot is awesome for the money, however the more current needed by the pedals the more noise gets introduced into the system.

Make sure to have the highest consumer pedals closest outlet.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Thanks for the tips guys. I will try to route everything from guitar to the input on the amp just to see if thats the issue. If it is, I assume its just my tube going bad?

If it is not, I don't know how to check if its the 1-Spot... even so, not sure what my options are right now, since I can't afford an isolated power supply. Any suggestions here?

Thanks. Might be a few days before I am home again, so I might not get back to this until mid week. Ill be sure to update asap!
Upon further googling it appears my tweaker isn't playing nice with the carbon copy since it's instrument level. Given that I only use distortion from pedals, any harm in moving everything to the front?

Alternatively, what if I put my carbon copy last in my chain before the amp. Would that accomplish similar results? It's first in my fx loop anyway...

EDIT: Full chain is:

Guitar -> EBVPJr -> Dynacomp -> Phase 90 -> Cool Cat Drive -> Little Big Muff -> Pinnacle ->POG2 (havent been home to check if i like the volume and pog moved around)

Fx: Carbon Copy -> Line6 m9 -> Hall of Fame -> Jamman Solo
Last edited by sixstringedmatt at Mar 12, 2013,