Hello,

I was trying to give my Agile Les Paul a setup on the weekend, using Gibson specs for an outline of where I should have everything setup.

The issue is that on the Low E string I am getting some buzzing when I fret the 2nd, 3rd or 4th string, but the loudest of the 3 is the 3rd fret.

I have already raised the bridge on the High E side by 1/64 but would like to avoid going higher, as I would prefer a lower action.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!
Check the neck relief i.e. if the neck has a slight back bow. That can result in exactly what you're experiencing.
If it does, you might want to give the truss rod a (very) slight turn...like 1/8th or 1/4th of a turn and see if it straightens out for you.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Last edited by Shor at Mar 11, 2013,
If the neck relief isn't a problem, I'm guessing a high fret. Or low fret. Either the 5th fret is high, or the others/just 3rd are low. Get some sort of straight edge to them if the neck relief isn't your problem. You may need to do some filing.
The neck relief is just a slight back bow, maybe 1 or 2/64ths gap from top of fret to bottom of string at 7th fret, which I have always read that you will want a very small gap and not a perfectly flat neck.

if it is a fret leveling, I will probably have to get it done at a pro, just wanted to try and save some money by doing my own, since I have a few guitars and at 60$ each that adds up fast!

Thanks for the help!
Quote by BeeScreamer
The neck relief is just a slight back bow, maybe 1 or 2/64ths gap from top of fret to bottom of string at 7th fret, which I have always read that you will want a very small gap and not a perfectly flat neck.

if it is a fret leveling, I will probably have to get it done at a pro, just wanted to try and save some money by doing my own, since I have a few guitars and at 60$ each that adds up fast!

Thanks for the help!

Ask the guy you're taking it to if you can watch what he's doing. Never hurts to get free instruction on how it's done.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio