I am looking to replace the strings on my 2012 PRS Custom 24 and wanted to get some advice on strings, too much choice gets my head in a spin.

I wanted to keep with 9s and have read good things about D’Addario strings so I have been looking at those. Even narrowing down to this brand and the size there are still lots of different varieties and this is where I am struggling.

Are you able to suggest a good model number for me?
Unless you recommend another brand?
just get a few different packs and see what you like. i honestly don't think strings make a big difference, at least not big enough to worry yourself about it, but I like D'Addario and use them all the time. They have a lot of mix-match packs so you can see which will work best for you
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
In my experience the way to chose string brand is to decide the gauges you want, and then to look for the cheapest you can find. Then choose the cheapest you can find and try something new, but still go for a known brand's, I have bad experiences with reeeeeally cheap (like 3$ a pack) ones.
That said, I personally wouldn't go for D'Addario, for they are the (second, the first were the 3$ ones) worst I played with so far, but I guess it's also a matter of feeling you get from them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Brand does matter for the most part.

We need more details on what you're looking for in your strings.
There are many many different choices, even within the same brand.

Do you want more tension?
Coated?
Nickle or steel?
Flat wound?
ect.
ect.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I use Ernie Ball and D'Addario on my PRS CE22, since I bought it in 2004 and they work great.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks guys

Quote by Kyleisthename
Brand does matter for the most part.

We need more details on what you're looking for in your strings.
There are many many different choices, even within the same brand.

Do you want more tension?
Coated?
Nickle or steel?
Flat wound?
ect.
ect.

Erm.... I'm not sure, I don't know that would be the difference in the above. Different tone, last longer etc etc?
Quote by Robbgnarly
I use Ernie Ball and D'Addario on my PRS CE22, since I bought it in 2004 and they work great.

Which of the d'addario strings do you use?