I'm tabbing a song (just adding chords to lyrics actually) and I want to see if I can get a consensus on how the best way to approach this predicament would be. The many of the chords and turnarounds come between lines being sung. Is putting the chords way right proper way to do it?

Here's an example:

Yes, to me it works fine...because according to you after the first line and before the second line begins you are saying to play a D Dsus2 D before moving on... So for me it is fine
Quote by DON CZARSKI
Yes, to me it works fine...because according to you after the first line and before the second line begins you are saying to play a D Dsus2 D before moving on... So for me it is fine

That's exactly it. I still feel it could be done better but I have yet to see it any different anywhere. Time for me to accept the limitations of text formatting and just be satisfied.

Thanks for your input, Don.
Quote by nelliewilson
That's exactly it. I still feel it could be done better but I have yet to see it any different anywhere. Time for me to accept the limitations of text formatting and just be satisfied.

Thanks for your input, Don.
If it's beacause the vocals are carrying onto the next bar as opposed to the chords, it might make more sense to split the lyrics up instead. Otherwise, this is fine.

Really though, the proper way to tab a song is with actual tab notation, or better yet Guitar Pro 5 .
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
If it's beacause the vocals are carrying onto the next bar as opposed to the chords, it might make more sense to split the lyrics up instead. Otherwise, this is fine.

Really though, the proper way to tab a song is with actual tab notation, or better yet Guitar Pro 5 .

Thanks for the response. Personally, I am not a fan of Guitar Pro 5 or any tab software, for that matter. My preference is to tab songs the old school way of basic text. That way it doesn't require any software (other than notepad) to view it. I've been at this since the days of the Online Guitar Archive so for nostalgic purposes as well I try and keep it simple.
Same as me... I am old school as well... Don't feel like downloading other software to do tabs and if someone else does a tab using software then I just don't look at it.... Old school is the way to do it