I have an old amp combo 1x12 i have took the amp out and it has two speakers there they are 50watt each and 8 ohms
would it be safe to run it on Hughes&Kettner Tubemeister 18 Head.

Also there are Two + wire and two - wire from the speakers i need to connect them to a Neutrik NYS216 G, horizontal jack ?
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Mar 11, 2013,
If your head has 2 outputs that run in paralell you can hook a jack to each set of wires and plug both into your amp (if it has 2 outputs) with a 4ohm stting on your amp. you can also wire the two speakers in series with 1 jack and you will have a 16ohm load (this is what I'd do). If you are unsure how to wire your cab, www.avatarspeakers.com has a cab wiring guide on their web site for free.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by dazzzer30
I have an old amp combo 1x12 i have took the amp out and it has two speakers

You took the amp out and it gained an extra speaker - good trick!

I think the answers to your questions are yes you can, and yes you can.
Quote by Robbgnarly
If your head has 2 outputs that run in paralell you can hook a jack to each set of wires and plug both into your amp (if it has 2 outputs) with a 4ohm stting on your amp. you can also wire the two speakers in series with 1 jack and you will have a 16ohm load (this is what I'd do). If you are unsure how to wire your cab, www.avatarspeakers.com has a cab wiring guide on their web site for free.

I am sure the head amp has only one ouput. and i am not sure about how to wire in series or how to wire it up to the NYS216 G horizontal jack it has 3 solder points on both sides .
Quote by dazzzer30
I am sure the head amp has only one ouput. and i am not sure about how to wire in series or how to wire it up to the NYS216 G horizontal jack it has 3 solder points on both sides .

Look at the link I posted in my last post. or just google it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

can you run it in paralel and use 1 output to the amp?
Quote by dazzzer30
can you run it in paralel and use 1 output to the amp?

Yes if you like.

NYS216 G has 3 contacts on either side as you say. Ignore the centre contacts. Make sure you wire to the side with the metal loops on as the other side, with the switch contacts, will not work.

(This socket is actually designed as a stereo headphone socket with contacts to switch off a speaker, you could use a un-switched mono socket for your speaker cab)

I looked at Avatar but could not find wring details.

Here's some at eminence:

http://www.eminence.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

and here

http://www.triodeamplification.com/Speakers.html

But beware, I did come across one on the net that was actually wrong.
Quote by PSimonR
Yes if you like.

NYS216 G has 3 contacts on either side as you say. Ignore the centre contacts. Make sure you wire to the side with the metal loops on as the other side, with the switch contacts, will not work.

(This socket is actually designed as a stereo headphone socket with contacts to switch off a speaker, you could use a un-switched mono socket for your speaker cab)

I looked at Avatar but could not find wring details.

Here's some at eminence:

http://www.eminence.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

and here

http://www.triodeamplification.com/Speakers.html

But beware, I did come across one on the net that was actually wrong.

thanks this has been a great help ! I wire it up in series on the NYS216 G has 3 points on each side so I picked one side and soldered the + “ left the center out” and soldered the - on . I have know amp at the moment to test so I plugged in to my digital piano which has an out aux I got sound out of the speakers but it was quite low compared to the built in speakers on the piano .