Page 1 of 2
Check out this advert:
http://youtu.be/FPFYh6fNYC4
If anyone sees it on TV in the UK anytime soon, pls let me know the time, date, and channel. I need this info to make a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority (best Authority).

Anyway, discuss the advert.

Hint: imagine for a second that the old people at the table were male, and the young person on the beach was female.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Last edited by McTodd at Mar 11, 2013,
Quote by McTodd
Check out this advert:
make a complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority (best Authority).

..why?
Why does that make you mad? I thought you UKers were a bunch of shameless philanderers? Guess I was wrong.
Dang those are some fine ladies.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Oh **** off, the second men start whinging about such trivial shit is the second the become as pathetic as the extreme feminists they spend half their ****ing time moaning about.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by sam b
..why?

There, edited the OP, just for you. I want to complain because that advert should be really fucking offensive to everyone, and it's still on TV so maybe nobody else is going to.
I can't watch it where I am now.

Synopsis in a nutshell pls?
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

Young man is changing clothes on the beach, old women command dog to run over and steal his towel so he is starkers, old women laugh and take pictures.
Quote by Wolfinator-x

A man is changing into swimwear on a beach and three old women (who have conspicuously brought a table with various cheeses, crackers and olives to the beach with them) are sat there watching, and then encourage their dog to run and grab his towel.
k koo thanks.

I once saw a commercial for a camera where two guys walk over to two sleeping women, the first guy takes their camera, the second guy pulls down his pants and the first guy takes a snapshot. They put the camera back and leave.

It was on the internet and it was a few years ago, but still.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by McTodd
There, edited the OP, just for you. I want to complain because that advert should be really fucking offensive to everyone, and it's still on TV so maybe nobody else is going to.

I am in the UK, have been all my life, I class my self as English through and through. Yet not once during this advert did I get offended. So, please explain why this should offend me?

I would get it if you were wanting to complain because if the genders were switched feminists would complain that women were just being objectified but it doesn't look like that is your problem with the advert. Also, although I would get it I wouldn't agree with it as I don't see why us men should become as preachy and overly sensitive as feminists.
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
K so, let me get this straight - the majority opinion on here is that there is nothing wrong with this advert? Even though it is quite clearly depicting old people preying sexually on somebody, clearly without his consent? I know it's kind of trite to say so, but imagine if it was old men and a young woman - that would cause mass uncontroversial outrage. Why the double standard?

Just to clarify, I'm NOT a fedora-skanking feminist-hating "nice guy" - I just think this ad is really fucking offensive.

I don't think I'm being oversensitive, I think I'm being a reasonable level of sensitive. I don't want my (hypothetical) kids seeing this advert and thinking that's an acceptable way for anyone to behave.While I have some power to complain about fucking offensive sexual-predation-normalising material, I'm going to draw someone's attention to it. I guess we'll see if Advertising Standards agree with me.
Quote by McTodd
K so, let me get this straight - the majority opinion on here is that there is nothing wrong with this advert? Even though it is quite clearly depicting old people preying sexually on somebody, clearly without his consent? I know it's kind of trite to say so, but imagine if it was old men and a young woman - that would cause mass uncontroversial outrage. Why the double standard?

Just to clarify, I'm NOT a fedora-skanking feminist-hating "nice guy" - I just think this ad is really fucking offensive.

I don't think I'm being oversensitive, I think I'm being a reasonable level of sensitive. I don't want my (hypothetical) kids seeing this advert and thinking that's an acceptable way for anyone to behave.While I have some power to complain about fucking offensive sexual-predation-normalising material, I'm going to draw someone's attention to it. I guess we'll see if Advertising Standards agree with me.

We all get what the advert is implying, we just understand that that's the whole freaking point.

And the double standard exists because no man actually gives a single **** if women are looking at him in a sexual way.
Quote by Todd Hart
no man actually gives a single **** if women are looking at him in a sexual way.

That's so completely horrendously untrue and you know it. The kid in the advert clearly cares.
I might make an advert swapping the genders around and see how quick it gets taken down.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by McTodd
That's so completely horrendously untrue and you know it. The kid in the advert clearly cares.

The man in the advert is an actor.

And regardless, who really gives a ****? It's a light-hearted sex joke, grow up.
Quote by Todd Hart
The man in the advert is an actor.

OK, how about you? Say you're on the beach, you're changing clothes, and a group of old women steal your towel and take pictures of your tiny penis. But that's just fine, because no man ever cares if women objectify them.
Quote by McTodd

This is some facepalm worthy stuff right here. Go back to your mom's basement and update your character sheets so you can safeguard your virginity.
Get over it, you almighty pussy.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by McTodd
OK, how about you? Say you're on the beach, you're changing clothes, and a group of old women steal your towel and take pictures of your tiny penis. But that's just fine, because no man ever cares if women objectify them.

I don't know, but I'd be okay with them taking pictures of my BIG penis.

You know, cuz it's soo big.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by McTodd

Are you going out of your way to sound like an idiot, or is it just coming naturally? Its a fun little advertisement that no human alive would get offended at besides you.
Quote by McTodd

Oh **** off, it's a ****ing humourous scene you ****ing over-sensitive **** not a ****ing real life situation that they're ****ing encouraging. It's not like the ****ing advert says 'bertolli, the best ****ing butter to look at penises to'. Jesus ****ing **** on ****.
I think getting offended over a commercial is about 10x worse than getting offended over the internet.
Quote by snipelfritz

Quote by Todd Hart
'bertolli, the best ****ing butter to look at penises to'.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Clearly I've missed something huge here. Can someone please describe to me why this advert is ok? So far I've just been told to calm down or lighten up or whatever. I get that it's lighthearted, but it really really shouldn't be because the guy is clearly not into it. I'm not offended by the rudeness, I'm offended about it normalising predatory and borderline paedophilic behaviour. So I've clearly missed something important - what?

Quote by Todd Hart
Oh **** off, it's a ****ing humourous scene you ****ing over-sensitive **** not a ****ing real life situation that they're ****ing encouraging. It's not like the ****ing advert says 'bertolli, the best ****ing butter to look at penises to'. Jesus ****ing **** on ****.

Man, I don't even care that nobody agrees with me any more, this thread was entirely worth it just to get you this angry
Quote by McTodd
Clearly I've missed something huge here. Can someone please describe to me why this advert is ok? So far I've just been told to calm down or lighten up or whatever. I get that it's lighthearted, but it really really shouldn't be because the guy is clearly not into it. I'm not offended by the rudeness, I'm offended about it normalising predatory and borderline paedophilic behaviour. So I've clearly missed something important - what?

That it's a commercial.
Quote by Faux
That it's a commercial.

And commercials can't be offensive because?
Quote by McTodd

:

Where in the hell are you getting borderline paedophilic behavior? The guy is clearly a god damned adult you moron. And it's not normalizing anything. If it happened in real life, yeah people would be bothered by it. But guess what, it's not real life. this is the same universe where people can't use saran wrap properly. I guess I should stop watching, and start getting offended at movies where people die too, because clearly they are normalizing murderous behavior.
Page 1 of 2