Hey guys... I am in a dilemma here, need a NEW axe .

Budget-400$ (buying from India)

Music influences-Led Zepplin, Radiohead, Metallica, RHCP, GnR, Machinehead, pink floyd , Green Day etc

Style- metal, rock and some blues.

The options i narrowed in are-
Schecter Demon/ Omen with duncan designed hb105

IBanez Rg series 321/350

EPIPHONE les paul studio

Esp ltd mh100 qm without whammy bar.

The amp i am planning to buy is the peavy vypyr 15/ Line 6 spider 15.

This would be my first electric guitar , hence no whammy bar.

Incase u have other options, kindly suggest them.
I would go with the Ibanez, but that's just me. I hated the Duncan Design pickups that came in my Schecter C-1 more than the stock Ibanez pickups. They were horribly muddy.
Last edited by J_W at Mar 11, 2013,
Avoid Line 6 Spider. They aren't as good as the other modelers. People usually recommend the 30 watt 12 inch speaker version of the Vypyr because it has a better speaker. I have no experience with Vypyr but it gets a lot of praise here.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
In the description you say Schecter omen,but on here you said Schecter demon..Is there another called demon? seriously because i'm not sure?...But i've had the schecter omen for a very long time and it's been a pretty nice guitar for what it is. Although my version didn't have duncan designed pickups, they were just generic black pickups. I swapped out the bridge for a Dimarzio Mo joe and it made a very nice difference in tone and clarity. It can basically pull off very high gain to even rock and softer music. Love it can't really comment on the others because I haven't tried them,but overall i've heard decent things about all of them
Quote by CrippleBastards
In the description you say Schecter omen,but on here you said Schecter demon..Is there another called demon? seriously because i'm not sure?...But i've had the schecter omen for a very long time and it's been a pretty nice guitar for what it is. Although my version didn't have duncan designed pickups, they were just generic black pickups. I swapped out the bridge for a Dimarzio Mo joe and it made a very nice difference in tone and clarity. It can basically pull off very high gain to even rock and softer music. Love it can't really comment on the others because I haven't tried them,but overall i've heard decent things about all of them

Yeah , theres a schecter demon 6, omen 6 and an omen extreme as well. I am sorry for putting up the wrong info (its the demon 6 that comes with the duncan designed pickups).
Quote by MaggaraMarine
Avoid Line 6 Spider. They aren't as good as the other modelers. People usually recommend the 30 watt 12 inch speaker version of the Vypyr because it has a better speaker. I have no experience with Vypyr but it gets a lot of praise here.

Ahaan, i guess i'd have to buy the peavy 15 then considering my budget. What about the roland cube 15xl or the ones from marshall? Would they be better than the peavy?
No one in favour of the epiphone LP studio or Esp mh100qmnt?
And is the ibanez capable of churning out some bluesy tones?

And any other good guitar in my budget? I'd like the model numbers as well.
Quote by Arun Harindran
Ahaan, i guess i'd have to buy the peavy 15 then considering my budget. What about the roland cube 15xl or the ones from marshall? Would they be better than the peavy?

I had Roland Micro Cube as my first amp and I think it was pretty decent. Though it has different amp models than the 15 watt version and there are no effects in the 15 watt model. If you're talking about Marshall MG, they are not that great. They are pretty much one trick ponies and that trick isn't very good. But Vypyr gets a lot of praise here. I have no experience with it, I can't comment how it sounds like.

And my first guitar was Epiphone Les Paul Standard. It was pretty decent but the pickups weren't that great. But it didn't bother me until I got my Charvel that sounded so much better. I could recommend it, I liked it (though I sold it to fund a new amp).
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Mar 12, 2013,