Hey guys I'm looking for new pickups at the moment. I'm looking for both humbuckers and singlecoils for two different guitars, so I will split this thread in two.

Single Coils
Okay, so these pickups are for my Cort G260. It's tuned to standard or occasionally Eb. The Cort G260 will be plugged into a VHT Special 6 Ultra or a 70s Japanese Guyatone Twin Reverb copy (watch the current restoration project here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1591982)

I'm looking for these pickups for blues and blues rock. I'm playing music such as: Rory Gallagher, Jimi Hendrix, John Frusciante, Peter Green, Chuck Berry, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughen, Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin I tone), Thin lizzy. I'd also like a nice clean rounded neck pickup sound. I would use this guitar for jazz such as Grant Green aswell.

I've looked at the Bare Knuckle Irish Tours, Seymour Duncan SL-5s and Texas Specials.

Humbuckers
These pickups are for my Cort M600. It is almost always tuned to drop C (C G C F A D) but sometimes just standard. It is plugged into my Orange Micro Terror or VHT amp and a distortion pedal.

I gonna be using this guitar for high gain sounds with bands like Mastodon, ASIWYFA, Foo Fighters, Dorje and general modern hard rock tones.

I've looked at the Seymour Duncan SH-JB hot rodded humbucker set, Duncan SH-6 Distortions and some other Bare Knuckle ones.

General notes
Price range is around 100 to 200 (possibly a bit more if needed) for both sets.
I would prefer to buy in sets rather then single pickups.
More than willing to go used, don't mind it at all. (Adverts.ie for second hand in Ireland)
Based in Dublin area of Ireland

Hope this is enough information but just ask if I left anything out.

Cheers
Look at the SD SH-14 / SH-1 for the humbuckers.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Definitely would go with the Irish Tours for your single coils, don't have to explain to you why they would be perfect for you, based on your screenname.

As for the Humbuckers, the Seymour Duncan JB's sound like a fine choice to me, you could take a look at the Bareknuckle VHII, it really depends how much output you're going for, the Painkiller is great higher output pickup that is surprisingly versatile and will do what you need well, though since it has been branded as the "go to" Djent pickup these days it does tend to put some people off.

The cold sweats are also great, a mate of mine has it in his RG, looking at the tone chart you might think it looks overly bright but in reality it's at a nice sweet spot of clarity without actually sounding all that bright.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
Definitely would go with the Irish Tours for your single coils, don't have to explain to you why they would be perfect for you, based on your screenname.

As for the Humbuckers, the Seymour Duncan JB's sound like a fine choice to me, you could take a look at the Bareknuckle VHII, it really depends how much output you're going for, the Painkiller is great higher output pickup that is surprisingly versatile and will do what you need well, though since it has been branded as the "go to" Djent pickup these days it does tend to put some people off.

The cold sweats are also great, a mate of mine has it in his RG, looking at the tone chart you might think it looks overly bright but in reality it's at a nice sweet spot of clarity without actually sounding all that bright.

HaHa! Yes the Irish Tours are very tempting! I agree I looked at the painkillers and was put off by the Djent idea. The Cold Sweats are also very tempting (big fan of Thin Lizzy) hopefully they provide a clear tight sound that I'm looking for in the humbuckers.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Speaking about the Irish Tours, I've been wanting to buy a set for my Strat for a good while, other guitarist in my band (same guy who has the Cold Sweats, and the Painkiller) recently bought the trilogy suite set for his Strat, he's far from being an Yngwie Malmsteen fan but maintains that they are the ultimate versatile single coil.

Now I'm not one to argue with him because his guitar does indeed sound fantastic and they are indeed very versatile with great clarity, but I keep leaning towards those Irish Tours.

I've always been a bit of a Seymour Duncan man, and have them in most of my guitars, and I admit they give me some fantastic and in some cases unique sounds (Duckbucker), but those Bareknuckles don't get such a great reputation for nothing, and they really do sound good on my mates (other guitarist in my band) guitars, he has them on everything in the same way I have all SD and I'm probably going to jump ship to Bareknuckle for my next set, probably Irish Tours for my strat.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V