I need a new multi effects pedal since mine was stolen but I'm a little strapped for cash, basically all I need is volume, tuner, distortion, and chorus in a really tough cheap package
Used Line 6 POD XT live
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by randywolf244
I need a new multi effects pedal since mine was stolen but I'm a little strapped for cash, basically all I need is volume, tuner, distortion, and chorus in a really tough cheap package

What did you have before?
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Quote by jetwash69
What did you have before?

I got the digitech rp1000 with tax returns last season and honestly I didn't like it that much. The on effect i use that much is distortion and chorus occasionally. Though I constantly use the tuner and pedal

Edit volume pedal
Quote by randywolf244
I got the digitech rp1000 with tax returns last season and honestly I didn't like it that much. The on effect i use that much is distortion and chorus occasionally. Though I constantly use the tuner and pedal

Edit volume pedal

If you did like the Digitech distortion and chorus and volume, but don't need anything else, then an RP355 should do you just fine.

You can even use it as a tuner, but I think you'd be better off clipping a Snark on the back of your headstock. None of the MFX tuners I've come accross have been accurate, including Digitech.

The PODs the other guys are talking about are much more versatile, but might be overkill for you.

It's rare to see me recommend an RP355 since it's so clunky for multiple effects within the same patch, but it doesn't sound like you want that, so unless you're going to grow into more complicated needs, then it should do you fine. The RP1000 sounds like overkill for your description.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
Quote by jetwash69
If you did like the Digitech distortion and chorus and volume, but don't need anything else, then an RP355 should do you just fine.

You can even use it as a tuner, but I think you'd be better off clipping a Snark on the back of your headstock. None of the MFX tuners I've come accross have been accurate, including Digitech.

The PODs the other guys are talking about are much more versatile, but might be overkill for you.

It's rare to see me recommend an RP355 since it's so clunky for multiple effects within the same patch, but it doesn't sound like you want that, so unless you're going to grow into more complicated needs, then it should do you fine. The RP1000 sounds like overkill for your description.

Thanks I appreciate that. It really sound like the best option and yeah the rp1000 was just a waste on money that looked cool I pretty much just bought it because I got back a lot on my taxes last year and didn't have anything else I wanted.

355 looks pretty good though I'll check the tuner out though beside my korg I use for my acoustic. The 1000 was accurate but if this one isn't it have no problem just putting one on the headstock
Quote by ihartfood

Rob you are a wise man

I'll second that. I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread because i prefer separate pedals and if i'm doing any kind of simulation it's all done on the pc but he once saved me a very expensive mistake so he's a dude that is worth listening to!
Just to clarify what I mean by clunky:

You can set it to "stomp mode" so that you can turn the chorus and one other effect on and off. I can't remember if that other effect includes "distortion".

But when it's in stomp mode, then you have to get out of that mode to change patches (like if you want to use a different distortion ore different amp and/or cab models.

Even if you have a good tube amp, the amp/cab modeling can give you more tones.

The RP1000 probably had the V-pedal too, so you already know about how using the volume pedal too hard will switch on the wah.

You might want to read the manual online and/or test one out before you take the plunge--it might even be too clunky for what you want to do with it. Or it could be the perfect fit for you. Good luck, and if they ever catch the thief I hope he/she/they get the death penalty.
Quote by shiggityswah

Last edited by jetwash69 at Mar 12, 2013,
Just to add something else to the mix, Zoom G3X.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Robbgnarly
Used Line 6 POD XT live

+1

If you're looking for a more simply WSIWYG deal, look at the Boss ME-70.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by jetwash69
Good luck, and if they ever catch the thief I hope he/she/they get the death penalty.

Yeah so do I I'm gonna run over to the shop tomorrow and try some one out as well as the boss, zoom, and line 6 equivalent. Though being a digitech man ill prolly go with that one. I really appreciate all the help, and I would rather go used but I need it to play Friday, and I need a few days to get used to the setup.
Note I was just looking at the boss me 70 and it's really sick I might scrap out a little extra to pick it up if it's as good as it looks
Quote by randywolf244
Note I was just looking at the boss me 70 and it's really sick I might scrap out a little extra to pick it up if it's as good as it looks

Guitar Center used has 3 of them for under $200 right now. Even with shipping and tax(?) it'll be no more than $225.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Guitar Center used has 3 of them for under $200 right now. Even with shipping and tax(?) it'll be no more than $225.

Yeah but unfortunately I kinda need it like tomorrow I've got a gig Friday and practice every day till then. literally the only effects pedal I own is the one that was stolen lol

Edit : I suppose I don't really own it anymore do I? I suppose some scumbag that stole it off the stage from a college student making minimum wage does.
Last edited by randywolf244 at Mar 12, 2013,
GC ships overnight I'm pretty sure. my Classic 50 got to me next day but that's because it came from within the state.

you can choose fast shipping.

the line6 M9 is worth a look too unless you really have to have a volume pedal.
Quote by ihartfood
GC ships overnight I'm pretty sure. my Classic 50 got to me next day but that's because it came from within the state.

you can choose fast shipping.

the line6 M9 is worth a look too unless you really have to have a volume pedal.

Hey thanks for the help everyone ended up picking up the me70, I also wanted to try it out before I bought it, and I'm a little sketched about buying used gear online. Sorry I really didn't mean to completely say screw your advice cause I do appreciate it all. But the me70 is exactly what I need works perfectly for my purposes. Works a lot like a few stomp boxes lined up
Quote by randywolf244
Hey thanks for the help everyone ended up picking up the me70, I also wanted to try it out before I bought it, and I'm a little sketched about buying used gear online. Sorry I really didn't mean to completely say screw your advice cause I do appreciate it all. But the me70 is exactly what I need works perfectly for my purposes. Works a lot like a few stomp boxes lined up

HNMFXD! Play it in good health, brother.
Quote by shiggityswah

Thanks man ill be putting a review up as soon as I can stop playing longer than the 5 minutes it takes me to smoke lol. Doesn't get any better than this. Retracted, because it will this Friday around 9
Quote by randywolf244
...Doesn't get any better than this. Retracted, because it will this Friday around 9

Break a leg!
Quote by shiggityswah