Ok so as you might have guessed from the title i'm after a marshall 1960A here in the uk and cheap but here's the problem... I don't drive and don't know anyone with a car big enough to pick one up, and since 99% of the ebay listings for 4x12 cabs seem to be pick up only i'm a bit stuck. Anyone know somewhere that gets these in on at least a semi-regular basis that can deliver? I saw one going for about 270 (from a company up north i think) a week ago but missed out, dam it.

Don't worry about suggesting alternatives BTW, i'm really very happy with the sound of the 1960A with my 6505+, I use one in the studio quite a lot but i'd like to own one.

Oh and i should add for clarity that i'm after used not new, although i'm pretty sure that was clear anyway but still, no harm in making things totally transparent.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Mar 11, 2013,
go to place
find a person
say do you have a truck
pay him 20 bucks to pick it up for you

option variants include asking friend's family, family's family, friend's family's family, etc.
you find someone.
you could also rent a car if it's that important. or use a dolly.
You're not gonna find one new at £270 these days, that's like half what they usually cost, you might find one used for that price if you pick it up.

If you're ok with a 1960B you could try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-1960B-4x12-Speaker-Cabinet-Straight-Cab-Mint-Condition-/330887145866?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item4d0a69298a

£350 and £30 postage.

You need to go back to 2004, I bought my 1960A brand new and delivered for £340!
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
You're not gonna find one new at £270 these days, that's like half what they usually cost, you might find one used for that price if you pick it up.

If you're ok with a 1960B you could try this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Marshall-1960B-4x12-Speaker-Cabinet-Straight-Cab-Mint-Condition-/330887145866?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item4d0a69298a

£350 and £30 postage.

You need to go back to 2004, I bought my 1960A brand new and delivered for £340!

I'm not after new, i want used. I know full well that new is gonna cost ~550
Try checking local listings. Also, if there's anything nearby on Ebay, it wouldn't hurt to send the seller a message. Some people just default to local pickup only for huge items like that to save them the hassle of dealing with shipping. If they were just a town over or something, they might be willing to deliver for a fee. Where I live, everybody is going for 1x12 and 1x10 combo amps, so anybody trying to unload a used 4x12 is usually pretty desperate.
^ yeah i've looked a few times. It seems likely that's what i'll have to keep doing it seems. I did spot one on gumtree that was just down the road from where i am but the guy never got back to me annoyingly. I guess either it was already sold or he wasn't that fussed.
Last edited by NotTheMessiah30 at Mar 11, 2013,