I'm not sure where to post this. Hope it's cool to put it here.

So some people (friends who are not musicians) who have watched this video said that my rhythm was off. I've never thought that I had a problem with rhythm 'cause other musicians (also friends) have told me this as well. So I thought I could leave up to you guys. People I don't know. Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYcuyrL1Q7c
Last edited by MasterGuitar126 at Mar 12, 2013,
I'm a firm believer of genuine critique/advice, so please don't take anything that I say the wrong way.

Sorry to confirm it but the guitar playing is a little inconsistent in a few areas, which makes me feel like your rhythm is a little rough in this piece. Your playing is not horrible or anything, and I can see some definite talent there, but it's just a little rough around the edges in this cover (it's like you've got 70% of it covered, but you just need to practice it that little bit more and fine tune your performance).

Not very strong vocals, but you're probably like me and just sing for the enjoyment, rather than concentrate on it as a musician's skill. I can probably give you a few tips, but I am very far from experienced as you can see from this video, so don't feel as if I'm talking down to you.

The quality of the video probably doesn't do you any justice either.
But keep practising, because I think with some more playing-consistency and even some stronger vocals if you're wanting to go to that extent, you could make a great cover of this song!
Quote by Joshe_009
I'm a firm believer of genuine critique/advice, so please don't take anything that I say the wrong way.

Sorry to confirm it but the guitar playing is a little inconsistent in a few areas, which makes me feel like your rhythm is a little rough in this piece. Your playing is not horrible or anything, and I can see some definite talent there, but it's just a little rough around the edges in this cover (it's like you've got 70% of it covered, but you just need to practice it that little bit more and fine tune your performance).

Not very strong vocals, but you're probably like me and just sing for the enjoyment, rather than concentrate on it as a musician's skill. I can probably give you a few tips, but I am very far from experienced as you can see from this video, so don't feel as if I'm talking down to you.

The quality of the video probably doesn't do you any justice either.
But keep practising, because I think with some more playing-consistency and even some stronger vocals if you're wanting to go to that extent, you could make a great cover of this song!

After looking back over it I see just how rough it is. Perhaps, in the future, I can do a retake of this cover and do it better. I shot it using a Kodak Sport at 720p so I don't get why the video is so badly distorted. I'm also learning what a Metronome is, as much as the constant clicking annoys me. Thank you tho, for your input. Do you have any advice on my vocals? I'm wanting to turn this into something of a part-time gig. I can sing... but it seems that at home around my parents I don't really push myself to the full extent that I can when they are out. I just feel that when I'm singing, I'm annoying mostly my Dad. I say that because he is constantly saying that I should sing country and that I'm a bad singer. I don't know if he's saying that because I don't sing country or if he's saying that because it's true... Anyway, sorry for the rambling. If you, or anyone else who comes across this post, could offer more advice I would GREATLY appreciate it.