I'm in the market for a delay pedal. I play mostly reggae. Right now I'm playing a les Paul studio out of a peavey classic 30. I dont have a specific budget but I'd like to stay around 100. What are the advantages/disadvantages of digital vs. analog delay pedals?
digital is a bit more cleaner, and the decay stays constant whereas there will be a slight trail off and warmth to analog. There's great uses for both kinds, for reggae you might want to try a digital first, but if you have the option to try both then do so. you can get a boss delay used for probably around your budget, for an analog one that can be found in stores a lot check out an mxr carbon copy
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Quote by Klonoa87
I'm in the market for a delay pedal. I play mostly reggae. Right now I'm playing a les Paul studio out of a peavey classic 30. I dont have a specific budget but I'd like to stay around 100. What are the advantages/disadvantages of digital vs. analog delay pedals?

If you stretch your budget $50 you open yourself to a bunch more options. Maybe you can find them used for under 100. TC Flashback and Malekko Ekko (I have this one) come to mind.

As stated above there is also a Boss DD, and MXR has the carbon copy.

I can't comment on the analog vs digital as I haven't played enough of them to really know the difference.
Last edited by R45VT at Mar 12, 2013,
For your budget, a used TC Electronic Flashback or a Boss DD-5/DD-7.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
for reggae a nice warm analog or close simulation would be great. Memory Man, or an old Boss DM2.

As for Digital, the DD3 and DD7 are pretty great.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I'd avoid the MXR carbon copy for reggae, it's quite dark & would get a bit muffled when playing reggae.

You'd be best off with a Boss DD, they're all very good & produce a nice bright delayed sound.
I really dig the memory man, or the more recent memory boy.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I have almost the same setup as you, expand the budget slightly and get the TC Flashback. Its what I have and I love every aspect of it.