Hey guys

I have the 6505+ 112 combo and man it sounds great but it takes alot of space in my apartment and isn't really that mobile and I'm probably not going to play live any soon so I'd like to trade it for something smaller with headphones output.

I don't have money for cab just yet and I play alot at night in my bedroom so I need some nice small and preferably cheap tube head to play with headphones

I play mixed stuff like Trivum, Parkway Drive, Slayer and then John Mayer or Bonamassa and EVH. I liked the tone of dark terror and the gain is enough for my heavy stuff but it lacks the headphone output, what would you guys recommend?

thanks
Line 6 POD HD. Cheaper option-Zoom G3. Honestly, don't get an amp if you'll only (or even primarily) be using it with headphones.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I have line 6 UX2 and I've noticed that I play it way more often than my amp, maybe it's because its 60w standing in the bedroom But still, I love the tube sound and pod sounds really sterile, I was just wondering if it's possible to get that tube distortion playing with headphones
Quote by MvAgusta
I have line 6 UX2 and I've noticed that I play it way more often than my amp, maybe it's because its 60w standing in the bedroom But still, I love the tube sound and pod sounds really sterile, I was just wondering if it's possible to get that tube distortion playing with headphones

The only option I can think of is a Blackstar amp, and in my opinion the newer POD models stomp the sounds you would get out of a Blackstar, especially with headphones. Have you tried the newer PODs? The HD models are quite a step up. They also have the advantage of being something you could work into your live rig for effects and such. Just a thought
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by MvAgusta
Hey guys

I have the 6505+ 112 combo and man it sounds great but it takes alot of space in my apartment and isn't really that mobile and I'm probably not going to play live any soon so I'd like to trade it for something smaller with headphones output.

Really. The 6505+112 doesn't take up much space imo and is very portable.

Quote by MvAgusta
I don't have money for cab just yet and I play alot at night in my bedroom so I need some nice small and preferably cheap tube head to play with headphones

Fun fact. Most guitar amps will need a load (read: speaker cabinet) attached to it. You can't just plug into an amp head.

Quote by MvAgusta

I play mixed stuff like Trivum, Parkway Drive, Slayer and then John Mayer or Bonamassa and EVH. I liked the tone of dark terror and the gain is enough for my heavy stuff but it lacks the headphone output, what would you guys recommend?

thanks

For that kind of diversity I normally recommend a Peavey Vypyr 60 because I love mine. It has a 6505, Twin, Plexi and other amp models. It also has a headphone jack. Unfortunately, for you, it is about the same size. Good news is that it sounds good at lower volumes in my opinion and has a headphone jack.

I also have a UX-1 and Pod Farm and I can recommend that too for strictly headphone use.

I think the Pod idea is also good.
There was a harley benton 12w that had one. Can't remember for the life of me what it was called. It was one of those cheap n cheerful made in China small tube combos made for thomann.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.