Mainly for recording as my Yamaha ones are finally starting to crackle a bit (and not to mention its being held together by superglue in a lot of places and the fabric has seen better days). I've had them for the last 10+ years but I think it's time to move on.

In terms of budget, I'm not too sure what monitor headphones are like for pricing so definitely less then £100 and more around the £50-60 mark.

I want them to be reasonably comfortable as well as have a fairly length cable but obviously sound quality comes first.

Suggest away!
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
If your speaker monitors are KRKs, then the KRK headphones will sound consistent with them.

If you're a KRK hater like a lot of people here, then you can go for the old ubiquitous Sony MDR-7506s. They haven't changed at all in like 20 years, but it's probably the next best thing to the KRKs. They're around the same price, unless you go for the upscale KRK model that has more isolation, but that's out of your price range.
Quote by shiggityswah

Welcome to UG. Everyone here will piss you off at some point, it's just what we do.
I would strongly suggest paying a bit more money and getting something that will last you.

If they are for mixing and tracking then you will probably want something closed back with a relatively flat EQ response. And if you are going to be mixing for long periods of time then get something with padding so they stay comfortable.

I had been looking for some new headphones for tracking and these suited me perfectly:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ULAP4U/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I haven't actually got around to buying them yet, but those stood out for me.

Maybe also look at Sennheiser and Shure.

Or just get some Beats.

>_>

<_<
Quote by Random3
I would strongly suggest paying a bit more money and getting something that will last you.

If they are for mixing and tracking then you will probably want something closed back with a relatively flat EQ response. And if you are going to be mixing for long periods of time then get something with padding so they stay comfortable.

I had been looking for some new headphones for tracking and these suited me perfectly:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ULAP4U/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I haven't actually got around to buying them yet, but those stood out for me.

Maybe also look at Sennheiser and Shure.

Or just get some Beats.

>_>

<_<

Hmm I'll consider it

I went into HMV to try these Beats headphones and the standard mainstream ones sounded arse but there was a studio set and at first, I was like "probably just had 'Studio' slapped on to appeal to more people".

Turns out they were fairly good haha.

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
I don't use headphones too often, but funny enough when I do I use a semi-decent gaming headset I had kicking around, simply because it was a colorless 20-20000hz response range which is pretty much the most important thing, of course a larger frequency range is always nice but after a while you will be out of the audible range of the human ear. Closed back is nice because it will isolate a lot of the outside noise, after that it's basically price range and what feels comfortable on your head, suspension style headsets are great for this, that's what mine is and I can wear them for hours on end and it feels like they aren't even there.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Thanks for the info and suggestions

Quote by Artemis Entreri
Are you planning on mixing or tracking with these headphones? Or both?

Both

Quote by angusfan16
Audio Technica ATH-M50. Low price, great sound monitors, over the ear, comfy.
Sennheiser HD280 pros for sure. Very accurate, good noise isolation. They're better for tracking than mixing but still great for mixing.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Seems to be a toss-up between the Sennheiser HD series and the AT ones. Thanks guys

Quote by angusfan16