Hi.

I play through two amps at the same time using an ABY splitter. I have heard that when playing live, and the amps are mic'ed up, there is the possibility that this might result in phasing issues. I was wondering whether, because my ABY splitter is a Radial Twin City pedal which has a setting to sort the phasing out, will this particular pedal avoid any potential phasing issues that might have been caused without this phase setting on the pedal?

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help me on this, as I'm not great when it comes to technical stuff like this!!

Cheers.
First of all, I'm no expert in this area.

Has the phase issue always been there or this a new problem? How long have you been running 2 amps? Why are you running 2 amps? Did you buy the Twin City to alleviate the problem?

What amps and cabs are you using?

Part of the reason I ask is that depending on the amps used and the speakers used you may have a phase issue no matter what you do. Some amps have a different 'attack' than others just like some speakers have a different sensitivity etc - not to mention differences in cabs and projection.

First question though is - what are you trying to accomplish with 2 amps simultaneously?
if there isaphasing issue with using two amps a phase switch on the box thing would easily fix it(im assuming it has a switch labeles phase or osmethin of the sort on each out)
Try playing with the switch in both positions and see which one sounds best (not out of phase).

Also this
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
depending on the amps used and the speakers used you may have a phase issue no matter what you do. Some amps have a different 'attack' than others just like some speakers have a different sensitivity etc - not to mention differences in cabs and projection.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Ok, firstly thanks for the responses.

The main reason for playing through two amps at the same time is because I play in a band with only me as the guitarists, so playing through two amps gives me a much more fuller (bigger) tone.

I play through a Fender Hotrod Deluxe and a VOX AC30C2.

Currently, I don't have any phasing issues when using the Twin City ABY switcher. However, I may have misphrased my question. Basically, I have not played a gig yet with my two amps where they mic up the amps. Therefore, I was just wondering when I do eventually play a gig where they mic up the amps, will the Twin City pedal rule out any phasing issues that may come as a result of the micing of the amps? In other words, I'm asking whether even if the amps are in 'phase' when they are miced up, could a phasing issue come from micing up the amps?

I hope this makes sense.....

Thanks.
Short answer is no, don't worry about it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.