Rubbernecking: Stare in such a way: "a passerby rubbernecking at the accident scene".

Are there stuff that you "rubberneck" online?

For example, I'd consider that "sonic fags" thread a pretty much rubbernecking thread.

Once in a blue moon, I'll check out something like r/atheism and cringe in the immaturity. Sometimes seeing some of the shit bronies do can cause some pretty heavy cringe-laughs (Example).
Last edited by The Madcap at Mar 12, 2013,
Pretty much UG in general. Including this very thread.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm rubbernecking at this thread
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I care little for terms that aren't used in conversation outside of the internet.

v I did that too.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 12, 2013,
I read that as "rednecking" and was like... what.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I still don't know what this means.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I care little for terms that aren't used in conversation outside of the internet.

v I did that too.

It's a common word. Mostly used to describe a person, "rubbernecker". Imagine you're in a car slowly passing the scene of a horrific accident on the side of the road. Most people wont stop their cars completely to stare, but many people will slowly turn their heads to examine the scene, so much so that it appears their necks are made of rubber. Thus, rubbernecking.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Yeah, that's like 70% of what people do on the internet.
PM me for newts
I hold my opinions in far too high esteem to sit back and watch anything happen without interjecting loudly and rudely.
Quote by The Madcap

Wow, that was really gay.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I thought rubbernecking was when you see something sort of embarrassing/inappropriate on your screen and you look around to make sure no one else saw it.

This thread makes me think otherwise. In fact, this thread's making me think I'm all wrong and I'm feeling pretty terrible about it. Like my whole life... my whole god damn life I've just been waiting... waiting for something to happen. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Maybe it's just the way I was raised. I dunno. I just hope someone sees this and feels inspired. I hope someone sees this and they... they make something happen instead of wait for it. It's probably far too late for me, man.

Yet another tragedy I must overcome. Thanks, ts.
I don't have much against bronies, but the substitution for 'body' with 'pony' fills me with homicidal rage.

I mean what the ****
Unfortunately the internet will have a very huge divide between intelligent discussion, entertainment, and plain old creepy or degenerate content. Rarely will any of those things overlap.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Wow, that was really gay.

>Implying other MLP things are only sorta gay
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
>Implying other MLP things are only sorta gay

Well I haven't seen any other related things to compare. You see, I'm not an expert on this subject unlike yourself good sir.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Fox News
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Shawn1379
I thought rubbernecking was when you see something sort of embarrassing/inappropriate on your screen and you look around to make sure no one else saw it.

This thread makes me think otherwise. In fact, this thread's making me think I'm all wrong and I'm feeling pretty terrible about it. Like my whole life... my whole god damn life I've just been waiting... waiting for something to happen. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Maybe it's just the way I was raised. I dunno. I just hope someone sees this and feels inspired. I hope someone sees this and they... they make something happen instead of wait for it. It's probably far too late for me, man.

Yet another tragedy I must overcome. Thanks, ts.

I never want to feel inspired by a man that thinks wearing socks over your shoes is a good idea.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well I haven't seen any other related things to compare. You see, I'm not an expert on this subject unlike yourself good sir.

Learn commas.
PM me for newts
isn't this what efukt is for?

Occasionally, I'll check the profiles of some of the people I have set to "only important updates" on Facebook to see what cringeworthy statuses they've posted. It's mostly ultra-religious nonsense.

Example:

"God speaks volumes in his marvelous creation of nature alone. And to think He loves you and I more! We are his favorite creation! He knew us before we were born - He loves us, and set us apart. Praise His mighty name!!! #Hallelujah! #praise #God #Heisgood #creation #sunset #clouds #sun #Tuesday #love #nature"

Ugh...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by King Donkey
Christ, in the OP the pony looked as though it genuinely feared for its life.

its ok, the pony isnt actually real
Quote by MinterMan22
isn't this what efukt is for?

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by thefuzz454
Thats basically what r/cringepics is for

What's more cringey is the posts of people "misusing memes", as if it's more embarrassing to not use a picture of Spongebob Squarepants correctly than to be so upset by it you upload a picture to reddit.
Quote by Redsectoreh
every time I think of rubbernecking I think of:

BACKSLIDEEEEEEER!!!!!!
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by ChucklesMginty

**** YEAH ACTION HANK

"It's not the beard on the outside that counts, it's the beard on the inside."
what a silly way to say lurking
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
what a silly way to say lurking

It's not quite the same. From what I understand it is lurking specifically for "car crashes", internet wise. ie looking around for completely stupid or cringey behaviour.

You're not just lurking around reading but not saying anything, you are specifically looking at how stupid people are.
I think it's a stupid term and a stupid concept. Rubbernecking isn't the act of seeking stuff deliberately because you want to cringe. If you're actively seeking weird or morbid shit it's not rubbernecking at all, that's just creeping.

If you're casually wasting hours on youtube though and end up in that weird part with vaginas in all the related videos and you watch one out of curiosity, that's when you're rubbernecking.