ok so the deal is. found a fryette sig x for 1000 bucks
shes in good shape. tolex has seen some use but nothin bad from the pics.

Its a state away from me so I cant play it.

and the reason I need this fast is he moves out of country next thursday if he goes it goes with him.

amps I own now
nitrox
vengeance
Ktre

I would rather not blow a grand if its just gonna be another rendition of any of those
Well It is a pretty awesome amp, very versatile. While I doubt it will be exactly like any of your current amps, but you have to ask yourself: do you really want another flavor of high gain?

Obviously more amps is always a nice prospect, but are you going to get a grand worth of entertainment out of it when you already have ample brootz?

Maybe so, maybe not. I'm not the type of guy who would want more than a couple amps that were that similar (versatile high gainers)
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
@dementiacaptain

this is true. Im a Gear ***** and I like the hi gain.
from your comments though the sig x is a tad bit lower gain?
Im not expecting it to be a pitbull of course.
whats a good tone comparison for the top notch gain

I notice it has vintage switches and other such fancy stuff. is it versatile enough to do 80s stuff. I.E. big four type of metal. testament Mr Mustaine and such?
all of my other amps are a bit to hot for that.
5153 channel 2 gets close but not enough. and 3 is just too much

@ippon
I know 1k flat is a good deal. but how much would i make back flipping it really? ive seen them go for as low as 1400. after shipping and such id be even?
I've only heard the Sig in person once, never played it myself, but I didn't mean to make it seem lower gain, that is very misleading, it had more than enough for most anything you'd want to play. It would definitely do some thrash, though it is still going to sound like a what it is, not a JCM800. A user on here (trashedlostedfdup) had one, he gives it very high marks for pretty much everything.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Yeah, I think trashedlostfdup still has it too.

I think the Sig X would be the driest and possibly the tightest out of what you have so far so if that is something you are after I'd go for it because that is a good price.

I wouldn't get one just to get one though.
thrashed will probably chime in. he usually does on these amp threads.

I read somewhere a bit back that these KILL with an OD in front./
while im not a fan of an amp that "needs" a boost I understand the nececcity of one for certain stuff.

Id like to know how big the bottom end can get too. of my amps the nitrox is the only one with gigantic bass in the face. I wouldnt mind gettin it if it can go that direction while still being tight like the fryettes are known for.
Up and down the West Coast, you can get them from 1.0K to 1.2K in very clean (next to new) condition. I still have it, only because it's still new condition and it's so tweakable.

If you want the best Fryette (an opinion ) tone, get the CLX (EL34s) or UltraLead (KT88s).
Quote by Ippon
Up and down the West Coast, you can get them from 1.0K to 1.2K in very clean (next to new) condition. I still have it, only because it's still new condition and it's so tweakable.

If you want the best Fryette (an opinion ) tone, get the CLX (EL34s) or UltraLead (KT88s).

I would love a clx. but I mean for that price id also rather call Fortin up for a NATAS.

this popped up and seemed like a deal I may be interested in.

im lookin for either. EPIC ruthlessness. the likes of witch even the 5153 cants get

or a good thrash metal amp with cleans lol.. this might be it.
the hundred/clx???? the big boy with the graphic eq n such???

what maniac sold that for 1200.
Quote by Bladed-Vaults
@dementiacaptain

this is true. Im a Gear ***** and I like the hi gain.
from your comments though the sig x is a tad bit lower gain?
Im not expecting it to be a pitbull of course.
whats a good tone comparison for the top notch gain

I notice it has vintage switches and other such fancy stuff. is it versatile enough to do 80s stuff. I.E. big four type of metal. testament Mr Mustaine and such?
all of my other amps are a bit to hot for that.
5153 channel 2 gets close but not enough. and 3 is just too much

@ippon
I know 1k flat is a good deal. but how much would i make back flipping it really? ive seen them go for as low as 1400. after shipping and such id be even?

i paid $1050 shipped IIRC from LA, mint had brand new tubes in box along with a set of old tubes. i don't remember what tubes i have in there, i know the power amp tubes are JJ's.

not worth flipping.

its a hell of an amp thouogh. the cleans are great they have a 'bloom' switch on the clean channel that makes pretty nice cleans. even without 'bloom' the cleans are nice.

second channel can go lower gain for a blues/rock type thing all the way up to the verge of high gain (only one gain stage less that the third channel).

third channel i don't really have a way to describe it other than tight and it has quite a bit of gain on it.

there are tons of switches all over the place. they ALL are different and noticeable.

it is very fussy with speakers. i moved it around for a while. it now sits on a k-85's that is where i have found it best. didn't really like my mesa cab (V30) or my 2xT75/1x15 (eminence legend) cab.

(older version of K100, only difference i know of is they changed the rating and that was when they moved production out of england)
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've owned a UL for a few years. It's really cool to have an amp where I can actually hear what I'm playing.
I'd do it. Probably has the nicest cleans of any of your amps. Like really ****ing nice.
Then you might be able to sell the Vengence and make up some of your losses or something.
Quote by Ippon
There's another maniac in this forum who sold his UL for 1250, missed it because I bought some other amp earlier. Thanks Min!

I sold mine for like 1450 shipped actually.

that's how much they were going for at the time.

I think i only paid like 1600 for it when I bought it. I don't even know If i paid that much. I remember I bought a deliverance 160 for like 900 and then a few weeks later found a ul for a few hundred more and was like whelp now I have 2 amps.

but prices were super low when I tried to sell.

I see people asking like 1850 for graphic eq pitbulls and that's way to high.

you used to be able to buy slo's for 1850.

oh ya straight up here's a glx for 1099.

108685216 GUITAR AMP
USED VHT PITTBULL G100CL 100W HEAD

Details »
Amps
Guitar Center Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill, New Jersey 08002
856-755-9511
View Store's Used Inventory
Contact Store
Now Only
$1,099.99

bam. i'm best at deals bitches.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Mar 13, 2013,
If you're comparing pricing to Ebay prices completed listings you've got to take 10% of that price.
Plus most I see selling are free shipping and that is about $50 for that head. So take that off in case you try to flip the amp locally.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
I'd consider it worth your while in the sense that those amps are very different sounding from anything else in high gain amps, but in a direction much different than what is common for high gain heads. Instead of considering it to be an amp which is brighter or darker sounding, most people consider VHT/Fryette amps to sound "dry".

Tightness can be achieved with most high gain amps, especially with a properly set up boost, so I wouldn't know if something like the Sig X should be considered to be "tighter" than most of your other amps. It is just dry sounding, meaning that it is a very unforgiving amp. It will expose the flaws in your playing and is incredibly sensitive to cabs/speakers. Most people end up buying VHT/Fryette cabs as the general consensus is that the front mounted P50E speakers make the amp sound its best.

A lot of Sig X owners have found there to be very early break up on the clean channel of the amp, so don't jump to the "it has good cleans" comment, because most people would not consider early break up on a clean channel to define "good cleans". However, there has been a lot of experimentation done on the Fryette-users forum of different pre-amp tubes being used on the amp, and some people have found that putting a 12AT7 in the clean channel pre-amp tube spot (V5), however a user on their forum has found that placing a 5751 in V5 was a much better solution. Here's the thread to that:

http://www.fryette-users.com/forums/showthread.php?3493-Sig-X-clean-channel-noise

So, if you are still interested in the amp after what we've told you and from what you've heard on YouTube, which is probably the best you are going to get for hearing the sound of the amp, I would get it and replace the V5 tube if you face issues with the clean channel - as it seems to be a common complaint amongst Sig X. owners. Worst comes to worst I'm sure you won't have any problem selling the amp for as much as you bought it for, or possibly a profit!