I recently bought an Ibanez RG (with trem) and I changed the strings from 10's to 11's. I have the the guitar tuned to D standard and the strings are still tight and I feel like I am not getting a very strong sound as opposed to when I had the 10's on and it sounded fine. Any help is much appreciated.
Strings may need to stretch a bit more. Did you adjust the truss rod since you changed gauges? Same wth from?
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Same with trem*
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Sounds like you're trying to get 'normal' tension with a lower tuning. To get the feel of .010 strings in E Standard but tuned to D Standard and with a locking bridge, you should use .0105 strings, not .011s. .011s in D Standard will have more tension than .010s in E Standard.
.011s in D Standard have about as much tension as .010s in E Standard when you're using a tilt-back headstock and non-locking bridge (especially tune-o-matics), but with a double-locking bridge you need to go with .0105s.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Hmmm. I just changed strings on my guitar. Gauge .09.. down tuned to D standard. Is that ok? It still sounds heavy though.