Hey guys

Im looking to get a good tube amp, small for the bedroom, but with enough features to gig with.

Right now, best bang for buck is the Ibanez TSA15 (prices in SA, this is about half the price of a Blackstar HT-5R.)

The Next best is a Bugera V22. Now this sounds best on paper, Master volume, 2 channels, reverb, 3 band EQ.

Only problem is that ive heard PLENTY people have issues with it, from the reverb footswitch to it just not working. Ive heard the PCB is also so thin that after a while heat from the tubes could warp it... also heard solder joints are cheap (or they use some other sort of joints) and general parts are cheap.

What have your guys experiences been, and have they sorted out these issues?
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Last edited by Distortion_101 at Mar 13, 2013,
Quote by Distortion_101

The Next best is a Bugera V22. Now this sounds best on paper, Master volume, 2 channels, reverb, 3 band EQ.

Only problem is that ive heard PLENTY people have issues with it, from the reverb footswitch to it just not working. Ive heard the PCB is also so thin that after a while heat from the tubes could warp it... also heard solder joints are cheap (or they use some other sort of joints) and general parts are cheap.

What have your guys experiences been, and have they sorted out these issues?

on the V22?

i hadn't heard of any issues really. the "my bugera blew up" threads we see are usually the 333xl or 62XX amps.
That's good at least. I've been reading some more and it seems the reverb cutting is a main issue, the rest being once in a while...

Anybody else have anything to add?

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
I don't think I'm aware of one single issue with the V22, like Greg is saying, and I'm the type that would actually keep tabs.

Where are you reading this stuff?

Now I do know the V55 had a heat sink problem in the beginning, and yes Bugera generally doesn't have the greatest quality, but the V22 is one that I thought was largely issue free.

But my real advice is to take a minute and read through the Stickys because there might be something else we can help you find (and I personally like the V22 for what it is)
Quote by gregs1020
on the V22?

i hadn't heard of any issues really. the "my bugera blew up" threads we see are usually the 333xl or 62XX amps.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't think I'm aware of one single issue with the V22, like Greg is saying, and I'm the type that would actually keep tabs.

Where are you reading this stuff?

Now I do know the V55 had a heat sink problem in the beginning, and yes Bugera generally doesn't have the greatest quality, but the V22 is one that I thought was largely issue free.

But my real advice is to take a minute and read through the Stickys because there might be something else we can help you find (and I personally like the V22 for what it is)

+1 to both.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

I just googled Bugera V22 reliability issues and a whole string of issues came up...

Hmm. Im really liking it, only thing is it lacks balls on the overdrive channel. very trebly but no punch.

the Blackstar on the other hand has gain for days, not bad clean, and reverb and headphone jack, but no master and the price here in sa is 50% more than the Ibanez TSA15 and Bugera.

Ibanez is good at low volumes, and got great cleans with a built in TS9...

Im thinking im gonna go Ibanez, and with the money saved get a reverb pedal and a Distorion pedal to carry on where the TS leaves...

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
Last edited by Distortion_101 at Mar 15, 2013,
thing is im not looking for metal...

Chili Peppers to AC/DC to Alterbridge. Thats general Range