This is the best picture I can find of the 70's rock band Bang.

I'm in love with the crunchy sound of the guitar on their first album, and the cool looks of the guitar, but no idea what it is!

Thanks
Attachments:
bang.jpg
Last edited by LuckyLazyLefty at Mar 13, 2013,
It kind of looks like a Fender Jaguar with a different pickguard and a Stratocaster neck.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 13, 2013,
Given that it has a Gibson-style stop bar tailpiece and tune-o-matic bridge, you may be looking at a Frankenstein that the guitarist (or someone else) built. I don't recall Fender offering a lot of models with that tailpiece and bridge arrangement.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Given that it has a Gibson-style stop bar tailpiece and tune-o-matic bridge, you may be looking at a Frankenstein that the guitarist (or someone else) built. I don't recall Fender offering a lot of models with that tailpiece and bridge arrangement.

A really common practice for jazz masters is to remove the floating trem and put that style of bridge on. They didn't hold tune vert well so people often did it that way.
Quote by randywolf244
A really common practice for jazz masters is to remove the floating trem and put that style of bridge on. They didn't hold tune vert well so people often did it that way.

Interesting. I didn't know swapping out that tremolo assembly was a common practice. The only other thing about that guitar being a Jazzmaster is the lower horn. In the picture, you can see that it is a short but definite horn, with a cutaway between it and the neck (like a Fender Bronco or a Musicmaster, for instance). The Jazzmasters that I've seen don't have a lower horn. They have more of a curved bump on the bottom bout.

A Fender FrankenMaster?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley