So obviously they make great copies of Gibsons and Fenders. Do they even make copies of Paul Reed Smiths? If so what company? Anyone? Bueller?
Tokai makes a few but they're pricey to the point where you can just buy a used PRS.

They aren't Japanese, but there's a company called Dillion that makes PRS copies. They're much cheaper. Ive never played one though so I can't vouch for the quality.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Dillion Guitars do. Or did at one point. Not sure if they're around. But I think they're a Canadian Company that makes them out of Korea. Does a nice job too.

There's also Dillion US that does the same I believe.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/contemporary/lg124q.html

EDIT:

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Tokai makes a few but they're pricey to the point where you can just buy a used PRS.

yeah that's the problem with the strong yen
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Greco also made one but I hardly ever see them hanging around.

EDIT: ^ I know its a bitch
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Mar 13, 2013,
aye. I'm sure others on occasion have made them (or maybe even still make them), but the tokai is the only one i really know for sure.

I guess the edwards potbelly (or even the esp version) is kinda PRS-ish, but i wouldn't say it's a total copy either (not that the tokai is an exact clone either, but it's probably a little closer).

but yeah the big problem is the price, as you said. I mean I love the MIJ stuff, and if even I'm querying the wisdom of it over the USA stuff... EDIT: just to clarify, i've never tried the tokai PRS copy, I'm just going by the MIJ tokais I have tried, the fender and gibson copies.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 13, 2013,
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Damn yen, I love Tokais. Maybe I will find one floating around in a used store around me or something. Wouldn't that be something...

I guess if I want the real thing my cheapest bet is to just buy a broken or project and fix it up.
Quote by gregs1020
Budget?

Model prs?

^^^This

You can buy a Used (in Mint Condition) PRS SE almost any day of the week for roughly $350.
just go to aliexpress... counterfiet guitars from china. lol
Last edited by coldandhomeless at Mar 13, 2013,
^seems legit
I figure posting a link to that site may be against the rules
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'm not sure Maybe post in a discussion of what sites to avoid, but probably not where a guy is looking to buy
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I don't think I'd recommend a fake from China. I highly doubt they're even made of proper woods and you're going to be dropping a bunch of money to get it playable most likely. By the time you add the total cost of the guitar + shipping, replacing the electronics and hardware you've got 600-700 dollars worth of shit. You could get a nice guitar over here for that kind of money.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I was hoping to find something like the Custom 22. However it doesn't seem like there are any decent copies.

Budget wise, as a guitar player who doesn't gig, I find it hard to justify buying any guitar more than $1,000. The way I see it, I can get a used Les Paul Studio, put in different pickups, redo the electronics to the original 50s wiring and change the hardware, probably come in under $1000.

Not to be confused with my budget is $1000...I want to spend a lot less on the guitar than that. So I have money for upgrades. Or for my kids college fund.
Quote by Charvel1995
Dillion Guitars do. Or did at one point. Not sure if they're around. But I think they're a Canadian Company that makes them out of Korea. Does a nice job too.

There's also Dillion US that does the same I believe.

I believe Dillion Canada and Dillion US are two separately owned or controlled companies. Dont quote me on that but i seem to recall reading that somewhere, and if you believe everything you see, the Canadian brand is supposedly slightly higher quality. But i can vouch for Dillion guitars, they're often better than any Epiphone or Ibanez or name brand in their price vicinity.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Try FGN guitars. I'm not sure if they are making PRS replicas, but I've recently tried a few FGN guitars and the quality and the wood were very pleasing for the price.
Quote by Acϵ♠
I believe Dillion Canada and Dillion US are two separately owned or controlled companies. Dont quote me on that but i seem to recall reading that somewhere, and if you believe everything you see, the Canadian brand is supposedly slightly higher quality. But i can vouch for Dillion guitars, they're often better than any Epiphone or Ibanez or name brand in their price vicinity.

My post was a tad confusing. Sorry about that.

Yes they are different companies. Good thing you clarified it.

APPARENTLY, they were one company at one point I read.
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...