SO i have a pair of powered studio monitors KRK Rokit6 G2 for my home theater , computer, playstation .

** i also have a cabinet simulator pedla built by R3FX ( handmade pedals builder ) .

i was wondering if it would sound good to plug a distortion pedal in the cabinet simulator and then sending it to the studio monitor .

since i dont use any effect , i dont really see the purpose of paying 2000 $ for an axe fx ..

since i just need high gain distortion ( mesa boogie type ) . i was thinking about a Wampler triple wreck into cabinet simulator into the studio monitors ??

anyone does that kind of signal or can suggest a better option ??? id like to spend in the 200 $ range since im only a bedroom player but still get good distortion sound .

the sound im after is punk rock , so mesa boogie or marshall type with a lot of gain .

im open to other suggestion as well . id like to keep the studio monitors route though , i liek my bedroom setup ( TV , computer into tv , playstation .. a all -in-one set up . just need to figure out guitar amp as well .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Mar 13, 2013,
Should work. One has to wonder why you haven't already tried it and answered your own question.
What about something like Guitar Rig for your computer?

Then you really will have an all in one thing going on???
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
What about something like Guitar Rig for your computer?

Then you really will have an all in one thing going on???

i already tried guitar rig ... not bad but that was through heapdhone since i dont have a sound card interface like m-audio fast track , focusrite etc .

im sure it would be better through an interface and studio monitors .

ill check if i can get a focusrite saffire or something similar .

but i might give the pedal route a chance .

BTW im looking for a pedal that does the high gain marshall .. but more modern like JVM . pedals like mi audio crunch box etc does the jcm 800 well , but im looking for more modern marshall tone .

thx .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Mar 13, 2013,