The lead guitar could be a little more defined in the mix in the beginning segment, and the rhythm guitars are a little static sounding there too. Really liking your clean tone though.

There are some timing issues (i.e. 1:59 with the lead guitar... the slides seem ever so slightly off, but that could be because of all the effects being used in the actual studio recording)

Same goes for the part around 6:40-ish. If you used the guitar pro file with the highest rating on this website that section is missing the guitar track on top (I think Mikael uses an E-bow there?)

Other than that, really cool cover. Good stuff, keep recording
*insert trying-too-hard-to-be-ironic link to my crappy music here*
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

I'm learning about recording and stuff... To be honest I didn't like the rythm tones, but I was too lazy for trying to get a better tone hahaha
When you said the rythm was a little static, what do you mean? What can I do to improve?

Of course I had some playing issues, but just like about the tone, I was tired for playing some parts again haha

Btw, thanks for the comment!
See ya.
You should record this one with video it'll be more interesting to watch it not only hear.
Anyway, Opeth is my favourite band with unique sound and you've cought this unique feel.
Good work. It sounds like raw demo of Opeth. Your playing skills are very good.
You should work more with drums and mix to make it sound more like recording not demo. But anyway it sound good it is own way except this awful cuts.

Check mine:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1592593
Last edited by Eclipse123 at Mar 14, 2013,
Quote by gmobrice
Hey, thanks for the feedback.

I'm learning about recording and stuff... To be honest I didn't like the rythm tones, but I was too lazy for trying to get a better tone hahaha
When you said the rythm was a little static, what do you mean? What can I do to improve?

Of course I had some playing issues, but just like about the tone, I was tired for playing some parts again haha

Btw, thanks for the comment!
See ya.

By static-y I meant the rhythm wasn't exactly clear, just slightly muddy and unprocessed. I'm also not too experienced when it comes to recording (not as much as most people on this site anyways...) but perhaps messing around with some EQ-ing (I usually go by ear on this, and it really depends on the mix in question, so I don't have a go-to answer for that) or perhaps even double tracking the guitars could help. Your rhythm playing was really accurate though, good work

And I understand completely, I feel that way too a lot of the time. It's why I just go back and rerecord parts over and over when I have better playing days.

I hope that helped somewhat! Keep up the good work
*insert trying-too-hard-to-be-ironic link to my crappy music here*