Now, before I start, I know that I won't get a full humbucker sound out of a single coil. I am just trying to get the closest thing.

I want a pickup to go into the bridge of my American Standard Strat. Something that can do Pop Punk, Hardcore, Modern Metal, etc. I am putting it through a Peavey JSX.

I have been looking at:
Bare Knuckle "The Sinner"
Bare Knuckle "Trilogy Suite"
DiMarzio "Fast Track 2"

Can I buy the Bare Knuckles separate, or do they have to be sold as a set of 3?
If these produced a lot of hum, what budget noise pedal is best?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
I'm sure if you message him, he might sell them individually, The guy who owns Bare knuckle pickups is very nice and will help any way he can. Why not a humbucker that can be split into single coil?
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Because it's going into a S/S/S strat that I got for christmas. I love the way it feels, the neck is perfect for me. I don't have the cash for another guitar, so Im just upgrading the bridge.
Then I'd probably go with either of the Bare knuckles if you have the money for them. On that same token the Dimarzio also sounds good, but I'm a bareknucle fan. You can't get to much better for passive pickups
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

You want humbucker sounds but you're going to buy a single coil? Do you realise you can get mini humbuckers that fit in the single coil slot.

Hello Seymour Duncan JB JR, would be perfect for what you want.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by Bigbazz
You want humbucker sounds but you're going to buy a single coil? Do you realise you can get mini humbuckers that fit in the single coil slot.

Exactly what I was going to recommend.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Bigbazz

I'm not sure how I forgot about mini humbuckers lol. They would be your best bet without going to a normal humbucker.
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Well, single coil sized humbuckers would be fine. I was actually looking at the JB JR, but then these bareknuckles looked nice and sounded great on the tracks that they have.
for the 1,000,000the time Lace Sensors. you want high gain go for the red. plenty of balls and still retains many of the positives of a single coil. i have a blue in the bridge of my strat (not as high gain) and it does fine. check Valley Of Gwangi in my profile to see what i mean.
And, FWIW, BKPs can be ordered individually.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
It doesn't matter how much you buy into marketing and very, very dubious examples, the simple fact of the matter is that a single coil pickup—no matter how overwound—will not sound like a humbucker.

A single-coil size humbucker, however, will sound like a humbucker. And it'll save you a lot of money compared ot buying a boutique wind. If it's a common humbucker sound you want then why not buy a humbucker?

A Seymour Duncan Hot Rails or DiMarzio Tone Zone S or BC-2 will give you a really high output and very thick humbucker tone. If you like to run your amp with slightly lower gain and a bright EQ section, those are what you want to get. Next in line is the Super Distortion S, which is the same sort of thing just a tiny, tiny bit brighter. Then you've got the JB Jr (standard overwound tone), Cool Rails (PAF-like tone but a bit smoother), Little 59 (PAF-like tone), Li'l Screamin' Demon (PAF-like tone but a bit brighter!) and Hot Stack (similar to an overwound P-90 tone, but hum-cancelling), all from Seymour Duncan, running every kind of humbucker tone you could want.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Tone Zone S gets my vote.

That or the Lace series stuff.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
How about the SD Hot Rails? Is it any good compared to the Lace Sensors? I'm planning to get the Hot Rails for my strat's bridge.. Just want to get feedback from you guys who have tried them out.
Quote by dimesqeals
How about the SD Hot Rails? Is it any good compared to the Lace Sensors? I'm planning to get the Hot Rails for my strat's bridge.. Just want to get feedback from you guys who have tried them out.

MrFlibble has some good recs there. I had the Hotrails in my Strat but found it a little hot and thin for my taste...swapped out the pick guard for HSS style and dropped in an SD 59/Custom Hybrid coil split both ways and couldn't be happier. It's now my main axe for everything again. New scratch plate will only set you back another 30 bucks or so. But there are plenty SC size HBs that will work, as previously noted.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
I've got an OT question. Just wonderin, if I convert from single coil in the bridge position to humbucker would I follow the same wiring diagram in my strat? hahaha newb question. sorry guys.
Quote by dimesqeals
I've got an OT question. Just wonderin, if I convert from single coil in the bridge position to humbucker would I follow the same wiring diagram in my strat? hahaha newb question. sorry guys.

Yes, unless you want coil split or reverse phase options.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Quote by JELIFISH19
You might also want to change the pots

Then maybe not, many SC size HBs are made as direct replacements for Strat pups and account for the stock pots. As hot as the Hotrails is I can't imagine using higher than 250k. Even using the 59/Custom full size HB I kept the stock pots and cap. It has great tone and harmonics for days. It's all about choices and preference though, so YMMV given any particular rig. I'm running mine thru a 5150 III so I can't imagine needing 500k or higher pots in this guitar.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
I wouldn't change the pots the 250k should be fine, fit the pickup first and then worry about changing the pots after. By this point I think you will have realised it is not necessary, because of how awesome it sounds!
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
The Hot Rails was designed to be used with a 250k volume pot and no tone control. If you use a tone control on your bridge pickup then you'll want to use two 500k pots instead.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Bigbazz
I wouldn't change the pots the 250k should be fine, fit the pickup first and then worry about changing the pots after. By this point I think you will have realised it is not necessary, because of how awesome it sounds!

I agree. Test the pickups first and see if a change in pots is needed. +1 ^

Another newb question. It's about setting up pickups and as I was searching forums I read somewhere where some guy posted

"turn the pickup around such that the blade that is supposed to face the bridge, faces the neck instead."

I guess that applies to bladed pickups like the SD hot rails and like one of my guitar's BL L500XL. What does that do? Does it change the sound/tone?