I don't know what amp to choose.. The choises are:

-blackstar ht40

-Bogner alchemist 212

I'm looking for a Jerry Cantrell kinda sound.

ty
the alchemist is one of the best 'affordable' amps i've ever played IMO. Kicks the blackstars ass for me!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Yeah.. I really don't know what amp to choose.. Is the parallel fx loop of the bogner a bad thing?
I'd choose the Bogner, it's a fantastic sounding amp.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Bogner
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

It only wins if you play them both in a shop and you prefer it
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I would suggest a marshall all others are just imitations.Marshall is the originator of amp's if you like it or not
I have plenty of knowledge of amps. I have had many so called boutique amplifiers.The fact is they are all based off of a Marshall. I would say you are one of those so called cork sniffers that think that because it is called "boutique" it is something specail and the fact is Marshall is the number one amp for muscians.I am looking forward to hear otherwise or for you to show me someting that has stood the test of time or another amp that is used by more professional musician and to share your vast wealth of knowledge on guitar amps.
Last edited by HarmonicSustain at Mar 16, 2013,
Quote by HarmonicSustain
I have plenty of knowledge of amps. I have had many so called boutique amplifiers.The fact is they are all based off of a Marshall. I would say you are one of those so called cork sniffers that think that because it is called "boutique" it is something specail and the fact is Marshall is the number one amp for muscians.I am looking forward to hear otherwise or for you to show me someting that has stood the test of time or another amp that is used by more professional musician and to share your vast wealth of knowledge on guitar amps.

Marshall cloned Fender amps... Does that make Marshall boutique?

If I'm not mistaken Boger got his start by modifying Marshall's... This is well known...

And not all Marshall's are equal... They are high production amps and some of the, aren't the most reliable. DSL/TSL come to mind. Scratchy pots, poor design of internal components... (To much heat).
Last edited by R45VT at Mar 16, 2013,
If your gunna save up for marshal go orange, way more capabilities but just as good British crunch
I have never in my life seen a fender High gain amplifier.I actually have both a DSL and a TSL I have JTM MKII AOR pro tube laney and a block letter 5150 heads. I have currently 2 fender's
I have a dual showman head and 2x12 that i got 20 years ago and a dual professional combo.I like my JCM's for high gain stuff plain and simple i am only pointing out that "Bogner got his start by modifying Marshall's" is the others are in fact Marshall copys.I modify every guitar and amp i own that dont make me a amp builder or a luither.They are building these amps from Marshall models how many plexi copys are out right now and like i said before Marshall is the #1 selling amp for professional muscian.I am willing to be shown otherwise.
Quote by R45VT

Marshall cloned Fender amps... Does that make Marshall boutique?

If I'm not mistaken Boger got his start by modifying Marshall's... This is well known...

And not all Marshall's are equal... They are high production amps and some of the, aren't the most reliable. DSL/TSL come to mind. Scratchy pots, poor design of internal components... (To much heat).

BTW i bought both my jcm 2000's new and have never had any issues with either of them.I did make the mistake of buying a Egnater Tourmaster 4100 that was the biggest pile of junk that i have ever seen I returned 2 within the 1st month and the final one i had was sent to repair 3 times all had the same issue.
Quote by TDWP33
If your gunna save up for marshal go orange, way more capabilities but just as good British crunch

I dont think he is looking for a britsh crunch he is looking to sound like Jerry Cantrell. I agree about the Orange they are excellent amplifiers.
Well that I guess was a bad description British crunch, but that marshal tone just a little warmer and or a little crunchier ,depending on what you want, that is orange in my opinion.
Quote by HarmonicSustain

Obviously you do, because you know that the first guitar amps were actually RCA tube radio circuts.
Marshall coppied Fenders initial design

The originator of high gain was not marshall, it was ProCo with the RAT pedal for Waran Demartini of RAT. The first real "high gain amp" was the Soldano SLO.

On topic, TS the Bogner Alchemist would be my choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate