How would I go about opening a Jet City JCA22h to check if the tubes are ok. First time opening an amp.
unless you have a tube tester or think you have a problem like a dead tube or bad socket, i would just leave it alone.

i don't have one, but usually they are pretty simple. just make sure to label screws clearly and have pictures if you think you will need more help for you.

again there are deadly voltages inside an amp. do go sticking your fingers here or there. a pencil is what i would recommend.

the only real things to do is swapping tubes, check to see if you have a micro-phonic tube (bad tube).

adjust bias (if it is adjustable IIRC i don't think it is) but unless you know what you are doing (and with the question in post) i wouldn't advise that either.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Seems like you would unscrew the 6 screws on the back.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It's pretty simple, just unscrew the screws on the back of the amp. I owned the 100W model and the preamp tubes were a bitch to get to, I would recommend unscrewing the front cover as well if you plan on rolling tubes through it.

There isn't anything inside the amp that will harm you at this point. If you remove the chassis then it's a different story. As long as you don't stick a pencil or paperclip into the tube sockets you'll be fine
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Mar 14, 2013,
Quote by Flux'D
It's pretty simple, just unscrew the screws on the back of the amp. I owned the 100W model and the preamp tubes were a bitch to get to, I would recommend unscrewing the front cover as well if you plan on rolling tubes through it.

There isn't anything inside the amp that will harm you at this point. If you remove the chassis then it's a different story. As long as you don't stick a pencil or paperclip into the tube sockets you'll be fine

^^This

I opened up my 50H a few weeks back. I posted some pics in a thread here somewhere.

I've heard of some people putting velcrow on the bottom and top edges of the baffle so they don't have to take the back off, then remove the baffel every time you want to get at the pre amp tubes.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H