Hello:

My new Ibanez S420 arrived yesterday. I've been playing a Fender Squier Strat for a while so this is my first time with a floating bridge system guitar.

I have 2 main questions and please excuse me if they are dumb.

1. My guitar came from the store with the 4th intonation a little bit up (aprox 0.5 cm). If the guitar is new, shouldn't they all be lined up? Look at the first attached image

2. The Micro Tuning (Fine tuning) tool of my 4th string is locked. The "screw" doesn't rotate at all. How can I fix it? Look at the second attached image so that you can see that the "screw" is a little bit inclined.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me

PS: Sry if I did anything wrong publishing this post, is my first time paticipating in a UG forum.
Attachments:
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2383.JPG
1. They should be lined up in proper intonation as is. It might be worth checking though in case the person checking it rushed through it.

2. Sometimes the fine tuning screw will get stuck on the string lock screw (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts.html). Usually I can push down on the string lock screw to free up the fine tuning screw to continue adjusting.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
That happened to me once with my ZR trem, just tighten the 2 mm allen screw on the saddle, but be sure to loosen the string ALL the way, or else you will strip the head (because they're made of a quite shitty metal).

Make sure to move the saddle a bit back, towards the non-headstock end of the guitar so it can settle on the plate before tightening the screw.
So first of all thanks for replying!
This is all being helpfull to me since I have a lot to learn and my guitar has some problems. Sorry if I just re-ask obvious things but I want to be completly sure of what everybody is telling me to do so that I don't break my guitar.

Quote by MESAexplorer
1. They should be lined up in proper intonation as is. It might be worth checking though in case the person checking it rushed through it.

2. Sometimes the fine tuning screw will get stuck on the string lock screw (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar_tremolo_parts/Floyd_Rose_tremolos_and_parts.html). Usually I can push down on the string lock screw to free up the fine tuning screw to continue adjusting.

1. With "checking" you are telling me to go to a Lutier to see if my guitar is ok? Is it posible that before they send the guitar they fixed the intonation but why should they correct intonation in a new guitar?

2. I will look at the link later at home, it will be of really help to get used to the names of every part of this bridges. If you can take a picture of the part that you push to see how you do the strength process to free the screw It would be nice. I will try what you told me though.

Quote by MG_Sora
That happened to me once with my ZR trem, just tighten the 2 mm allen screw on the saddle, but be sure to loosen the string ALL the way, or else you will strip the head (because they're made of a quite shitty metal).

Make sure to move the saddle a bit back, towards the non-headstock end of the guitar so it can settle on the plate before tightening the screw.

I guess that all of what you told me is related to my secod question, the screw locked up.
The process you described to me goes like this (if it doesn't please correct me):
1. Loose the string from the tuning peg (key) of the head
2. Remove the locks of the neck
3. Insert the allen key in the in the saddle in the hole that changes the intonation of the string
4. Move the saddle in the opossite way of the head of the guitar, this is, like going down to the floor if the guitar is vertical with the body on the floor.
5. Check when the screw is in position again and then restore the saddle to it's original position

Is this right?

Thank you all so much again Hopefully I will get my guitar working soon.

Later night I will make a YouTube video describing this problems in detail and asking about another few things. I'll post it here when I have it so that you and others can be able to help me in an easier way.

PS: Sry about my english too. I'm from Colombia so this is not my native language. I'm doing my best!
Last edited by fcu423 at Mar 14, 2013,
Hello:

In case anyone looks at this. I'm looking forward to buy a new set of fine tuning screws for my guitar.

The reference is in the attached image. If anyone knows an online store where I can buy them or someone has a local store and can buy them for me and send them to a familiar address of mine in the USA (obviously with me paying everything) it would be great.

Thank you!
Attachments:
Captura.PNG