Well, I've been waiting for almost 2 months and today my baby arrived, and I tell you this: greatest purchase ever. For now, I'll let the pics do the talking. Been playing all night and I really should sleep at some point.

Only iPhone pics for now, I'll work on getting some better ones. Man this guitar really covers a huge tonal area, and plays at least as well as my RG Prestige, maybe better. The Birdseye maple fingerboard looks tenfold better in person, and the knobs are greener. I love this guitar
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Yet another 7 string purple stunner from Carvin! And I really like the green abalone knobs- nice contrast, a strong color combo.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 14, 2013,
I'll let you pork my girlfriend on a daily basis for it. Its gorgeous...
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
Looks great, that quilt looks amazing.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Holy knobs and switches Batman.

HNGD!

7 String GAS = Worse than it already was
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Filth. Pure guitar-based filth.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
That is probably one of the most beautiful 7-stringer I've ever seen! HNGD :P
Thanks for the compliments, guys. The extra knobs are for the active EQ on the guitar. It has a high and low boost/cut knob, a coil splitter for each pickup, and a phase switch. Yeah, it does have 2 poles for each string as well, interesting pickups. They sound great though.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Sweet color man. That's the second Carvin DC this month in that color.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ooh that's very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Purple quilt

HNGD!

If it isn't too much to ask, could you post a picture of the neckjoint?

oh, in case it wasnt clear

PURPLE QUILT
Purple + Green were classic comic book colors at one point. To paraphrase:

"HULK THRASH!"
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Hell yes, that thing is awesome. Purple quilt always looks good.
Quote by zilant
Purple quilt

HNGD!

If it isn't too much to ask, could you post a picture of the neckjoint?

oh, in case it wasnt clear

PURPLE QUILT

No prob, bud.

\,,/_[><]_\,,/
oOoOoOoOohhhhh That gets me hot in the biscuit

I don't know why but that backside looks so....soft? Not sure thats the right word.

Looks absolutely awesome! Thanks for the pic!

Is it very balanced?
Another 7 string Carvin! HNGD!

If I may, what wood combo did you use for the neck/body? It looks like maple stripes on mahogany, but I can't tell.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Last edited by Mister A.J. at Mar 14, 2013,
(I'm pretty sure I just heard Prince groan...)

Quote by zilant

Is it very balanced?

Yeah, man. The balance is really natural. I don't need to spend a lot of energy holding the neck up like I do with my SG. The Carvin, however, is my heaviest electric guitar noticeably. Probably because of the walnut body. Which brings me to my next topic:

Quote by Mister A.J.
If I may, what wood combo did you use for the neck/body? It looks like maple stripes on mahogany, but I can't tell.

The body is walnut, the neck is maple stripes on walnut. I really like the grain of walnut, and it looks classy showing through the heavy purp, IMO anyway.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by lucycandy
Recently all gone well.

Wut?
\,,/_[><]_\,,/