Sup guys! Just thought I'd post up a new video, haven't in a while. Just testing out my CANON REBEL T3 camera with my new vox amp. Let me know what you think, or give me ideas of songs to cover! Haven't been on in a while!

This is all improvisation. What do you guys think of my improv skills? I feel like whenever I go to record a new song, with rhythm guitar, bass, drums, etc. It's boring to me now. I mean don't get me wrong, I can do it. I have some songs on my profile, and youtube acc with that video. I just love jamming out without anything else, just a guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri4R7voJ6k8
Last edited by lucascrouse at Mar 14, 2013,
You got skillz, that is all you need to know lol and a nice bloody amp!
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Quote by skatooter
You got skillz, that is all you need to know lol and a nice bloody amp!

Thanks man! Really appreciate it. The amp has been my dream for a few years now, finally broke down and got rid of the shitty solid-state MG marshall. Lot different!
Wow man, i love the tone of that amp! Ur playing was awesome as well!! and since u said ur looking for suggestions of songs to cover, id LOVE to see u play a SRV song. Sounds like u have the gear to do it, and it also seems like u'd have the chops.
What kind of guitar is that btw?
Just a nice old dean cadillac select! AND ACTUALLY....I was playing SRV right before I recorded this. Someone pulled in the drive way so I turned it up real quick and played a quick improvised solo. I can play most srv though, thank you for suggestion! Will definitely put one up. Probably mary had a little lamb/tightrope
Quote by Dhclark92
yeah nice video. I didnt expect that.

What do you mean? What were you expecting lol
Thanks for the feedback on my pieces! I would love to get a nylon string guitar one of these days, I think those two pieces would definitely sound better on one.

I'm terrible at improvising myself haha. This is pretty great, I really like that amp's sound as well. You should definitely post some SRV covers like that other guy said!
Quote by wandering_taco
Thanks for the feedback on my pieces! I would love to get a nylon string guitar one of these days, I think those two pieces would definitely sound better on one.

I'm terrible at improvising myself haha. This is pretty great, I really like that amp's sound as well. You should definitely post some SRV covers like that other guy said!

Thank you as well for the feedback! I was gonna spend time trying to perfect recording direct into the comp with an interface, and my mic. But I think I will record some covers with the canon camera, as it sounds pretty nice! Expect some covers on the cover section from me soon lol!
thank you for replying to my music, i just posted a new one as well... as for yours when i first saw the screen i was thinking metal... But i heard some hillbilly blues! i like that style as well and the tone was pretty rocking
Quote by Spellcraft
thank you for replying to my music, i just posted a new one as well... as for yours when i first saw the screen i was thinking metal... But i heard some hillbilly blues! i like that style as well and the tone was pretty rocking

thanks man! i can play metal and stuff like that but i prefer blues and or "hillbilly blues" thanks for the review
Last edited by lucascrouse at Mar 15, 2013,
thanks for checking out my tune. Your playing is fckn good man! wasnt expecting that. great tone, just overall awesome
Quote by ryan19
thanks for checking out my tune. Your playing is fckn good man! wasnt expecting that. great tone, just overall awesome

Thanks man! Appreciate it.
Quote by Dragulan
This is really good improv!

Quote by gustavoasalves
Surprisingly great inprov man, really seems like SRV. Awesome tone!

Thanks guys! Heh, everyone tells me it's SRV-esque. I agree in a way, but nowhere as good as stevie lol
Sweet man

If you like to improvise, you could try making some backing tracks that you can loop and just play over those, or better yet you could loop a rhythm part live and then solo over it to blow some people's minds. worked for this dude, although the audience doesn't seem to thrilled, wonder why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynnYLXW3Fo

Happy jamming!
Quote by TV-Casualty
Sweet man

If you like to improvise, you could try making some backing tracks that you can loop and just play over those, or better yet you could loop a rhythm part live and then solo over it to blow some people's minds. worked for this dude, although the audience doesn't seem to thrilled, wonder why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eynnYLXW3Fo

Happy jamming!

ahhh I love that video. seen it a few times...Yeah I've got a nice digitech jamman, but good idea with the backing track. The "Jam Tracks" on guitarbackingtrack.com are nice. Will record a video today of a improv
Nice man, very bluesy for sure. Uber fast and technique was quite good too!
Quote by MentaLrz
Nice man, very bluesy for sure. Uber fast and technique was quite good too!

thanks man.
Great for a bunch of improvising, awesome licks! My only gripe is that the amp tone comes out really piercing and harsh, which of course has nothing to do with the actual playing lol. Good stuff!
Music must be honest to be timeless.
That's probably because I'm using the camera without micing the amp lol but thanks
Nice sound, I'm a fan of VOX amps myself.

I think the style of improvisation you do is something I could get into as it's very blues driven and isn't over-the-top minor scale orchestral shred or anything like that.

The only thing I can suggest in regards to your playing is to not push the boundaries too much as it can get messy (wee bit around the 0:20 mark) but the rest is pretty sweet.

Mind leaving a comment on some of my stuff?:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1593262
Hey man, sorry this took so long. Thanks for the crit, the guitars and vocals were recorded via a USB mic. So it's not the best set up in the world, but far better than the mic on any computer I've tried!

Anyway I like your stuff. The tone is great, sounding very bluesy. I may have to purchase a vox...
Hey bro, cool video!

I like the way you slam that guitar! Really shows who's the dog and who's the master. Sort of reminded me of something Eric Johnson would play if with a different tone. I don't listen too much blues, but I can appreciate a full armada of Z licks when they fall on my head. Nice!

C4C? Pick out anything from my page and comment there, thanks!
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/January85/music/