Hey everyone,

Recently I asked some friends into making a band with me. I jammed with the drummer (I play guitar, shocker) and he said he had an awesome time, and we managed to get a real good sound going. My other friend is a bassist, and he said he would be happy to join in. Problem is, neither of them feel much to into it anymore, and say that conflicting scheduals and inability to move gear around make it not even worth the trouble.

How do I get these guys to get more into making a garage band for jamming?

Anyone ever have any similar troubles?
Maybe they don't want to? Or they think you're bad and don't want to even more.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa

Haha can't be that.
It's more a factor laziness, man.
The one guy cant wake up by 3...
Find other bandmates?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Threaten to kick them out of the band. And if you're not the band leader, or there is no band leader, threaten to do it anyways. Because that should be funny.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Trowzaa

this is all that needs to be said here

except this needs to be said also

there once was a man from Peru
who didn't know how to write a limerick
so he started just a garage band just like TS
and they were called Pearl Jam
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
this is all that needs to be said here

except this needs to be said also

there once was a man from Peru
who didn't know how to write a limerick
so he started just a garage band just like TS
and they were called Pearl Jam

MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
1. Call them over
2. Bring a gamecube
3. Turn on some Jack Johnson
4. Crack open a few natty ice's
5. take off your abercrombie wear and birkenstocks
6. whip out the big black dildo.
7. ?????
8. profit

9. chill, bro.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Mar 14, 2013,
theres no sense working with people who arnt as serious as you, its not their fault if they want to be casual about it but find people as serious as you
my bands lead singer had to be woken up by us at 3 everyday and he didnt try at all at practices so we gave him the boot and got a new singer
The biggest issue would probably be that your jam area doesn't include all the instruments and its just way too much work to bring things over each time you jam. I had this problem before and I just invested in extra guitars and I have a drum kit on the spot, and no longer do people have issues with coming to jam
No wonder they don't want to come back over. Who spends time making jam in their garage?
Sail upon the open skies
If it's "too much trouble," they simply aren't motivated. If it's too hard to find anyone else to jam with, you could press them about it. Suggest some possible times you all could jam again. Sometimes a little persistence is all that is needed to change minds when it comes to music.
Quote by angusfan16
No wonder they don't want to come back over. Who spends time making jam in their garage?

Eduardo Vedero did that in Peru, and look where he got.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I've had problems like this, in fact, it's why most of the bands i have been in have broken up. Depending on how big the bassists amp is, and how far he has to travel, he should be able to take it to your place, or at least take it to your place and leave it there to save him carrying it every time you want to rehearse. As for the drummer, unless he has transport, it would be pretty difficult to take his gear to your place, and he can't leave it there because he would then have nothing to practice with. Could you not split the cost of a cheap(ish) electric drumkit and have it at your house?
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.