What's up UG,

Recently I changed the strings on my Ibanez RG350 and made the mistake of removing all the strings at once instead of one by one. As a result, the bridge was raised and I had to fix it. But now the action on my guitar is not the same. On the lower frets it starts off normal, but in the upper frets (12 and up) its higher than before. I tried tightening the strings on the back, but nothing changed. I'm even using the same strings (.10-.46) and the tuning is the same.

Does anybody have any tips or ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks.
Quote by warlockfan
What's up UG,

Recently I changed the strings on my Ibanez RG350 and made the mistake of removing all the strings at once instead of one by one. As a result, the bridge was raised and I had to fix it. But now the action on my guitar is not the same. On the lower frets it starts off normal, but in the upper frets (12 and up) its higher than before. I tried tightening the strings on the back, but nothing changed. I'm even using the same strings (.10-.46) and the tuning is the same.

Does anybody have any tips or ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with removing all the strings at once when restringing.

String height around and above the 12th fret is determined mostly by the bridge. I doubt your neck relief would've changed, as Megadeth stated, from just a restring. Are you sure you used the same strings?

You probably just need to tighten the springs in the back more or add more springs. If you're still unsure, take it to a guitar tech.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"